Volcano Golf Course is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of full-time Assistant Golf Professional / Assistant Manager. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Assists in administering all daily operations including, but not limited to: functioning sales, assisting with merchandise, operating POS system, managing handicap and tee sheet applications, acts as ranger, starter, guest relations, outside service, or golf shop shifts.
- Assists in administering all point of sales application revisions and needs as it applies to green fee sales, merchandise sales, and member/guest billing. Coordinates with Accounting Departments all policy and procedure revisions, updates, and implementation.
- Reconciles daily tee sheets, performs check-in, and receives payments from members and guests. Resolves discrepancies as it applies to duplicate charges and over or under payment. Tracks all force posts and no show charges as applicable.
- Promotes all club golf activities.
- Maintains a clean, orderly, and well-stocked golf shop. Assists retail buyer with procurement and merchandise and shop assistants with merchandising and sales.
- Prepares for all golf outings including coordinating scorecards, cart labels, rules sheets, score sheets, format sheets, favors, pairing sheets and hole assignments.
- Assists with associate training.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Assists with scheduling and supervision of outside guest service employees.
- Assists with social media and various marketing duties.
- Assists with First Tee Program.
- Must be available for a varied schedule of opens and closes or midshifts.
- Assists with selling and implementation of tournaments and course related events.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Associate’s degree (AA); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Regularly stands, walks and sits. Occasionally climbs or balances; stoops, kneels, crawls or crouches. Frequently uses hands; reaches with hands and arms. Frequently talks or hears; tastes or smells. Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
- May work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather). Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions. Noise level is moderate.
- Current PGA/LGPA Membership (Preferred)
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Ability to read and speak English is required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates are required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with computerized POS and tee time system.
- Hospitality experience / customer service experience necessary.
- Ability to self start, be comfortable working alone and stay busy.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.