Parkland Golf & Country Club is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Director of Food and Beverage. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Parkland Country Club consists of two restaurants and a banquet catering business. Currently developing a 6 Million Dollar, 300 seat restaurant. The ideal candidate will have strong training and staff development experience, and must be very personable and engaging with a very active young membership. The F& B Director will work hand in hand with culinary, catering, and all department heads.
Key Responsibilities of the Director of Food and Beverage:
- Clearly describes, assigns and delegates responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub-departments (i.e., catering, room service, restaurants, banquets, kitchens, and stewards).
- Prepares and monitors annual budget, revenue goals and the expenses for the Food and Beverage department as well as generating various (weekly, monthly etc.) business volume forecasts and planning accordingly.
- Reviews and analyzes various financial results/reports to monitor overall Food and Beverage performance and take any corrective actions that may be needed.
- Monitors market conditions that impact menu offerings, business volume, and profitability.
- Executes inventory control and calculation for monthly analysis and reconciliation. Identifies opportunities to control food costs and other expenses.
- Participates with the Chef, Food and Beverage Managers and Catering Managers in the creation of menus to entice variety of appetites including restaurant and banquets while incorporating a menu pricing structure that will support the bottom line goals.
- Directs ordering amounts, timing of orders, receiving, invoice settlement and accuracy, storage temperatures in all areas.
- Continually researches vendor opportunities, pricing, service, and evaluates vendor relationships to the benefit of the facility.
- Approves catering policies and pricing; may carry out planning, production and closure of all events.
- Implements policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage department including compliance of company standards relating to quality of products and services.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant Director of Food and Beverage, Restaurant Manager, Catering Manager, Executive Chef.
Minimum Qualifications for the Director of Food and Beverage:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have Food Safety and Applicable Sanitation Training, Alcohol Awareness Training
- Possesses Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and POS system.