While the recreation of golf itself requires little help from staff at the golf course, all the peripheral parts of golf require help to keep them efficient and effective as they are a benefit to the golfer and an asset to the facility. The outside services position deals with all the things a golfer uses to play, practice, and enjoy their experience at the golf course. Golf carts, range balls, and neatness of the clubhouse area and the facility play an important role in the appearance of the club to the member and their guests as well as our visitors from the resort.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
Describes the most important duties (major responsibilities that are critical to the role) and those that the position will spend the most time on.
- Customer Service is the essential function of this position.
- Rental Golf Cart fleet management – cleaning, storing, and rotating.
- Driving range tee and range ball management – having enough clean range balls for use by members and guests.
- Keeping the appearance of the teeing area of the driving range tidy.
- Cleanliness and functionality of all areas both front of the house and back of the house – cleanliness of a golf cart or the areas around the golf shop is important to the person that uses it and becomes an extremely important perception point from members and guests.
- Tidiness around the club house, parking lot, and inside the club house – a clean facility makes the best impression.
- Time management skills so all duties can be completed during your shift – dark is eminent every day, and the sun goes down…and it’s better to do most of the things you need to get done before it’s dark outside.
- Cart barn tidiness – keeping your workspace hazard free and suitable for productive work.
- Rental club room tidiness for function and perception.
- Greeting players as they return from play, assisting them with their golf bags, cleaning their clubs and returning their clubs to our storage area if applicable.
- Other duties as needed or required.
This role will report and be responsible to the Golf Shop Manager on Duty, and ultimately to the Head Golf Professional.
This position may be asked to help train newly hired employees on the duties of this particular role and will rotate the primary duty the range captain on clean pick nights where you will be in charge of the task of getting all range balls picked off of the range so that the grass can be mowed the following morning.
Qualifications & Skills
- All candidates must have a valid driver’s license or driver’s permit as they will be operating equipment that requires so.
- This position requires weekend and evening work as those are two of the busiest times at a golf course and it required the most staff to keep services fully operational and prepare for the next day’s business.
- Pleasant personality.
- Flexible with work schedule.
- Knowledge of property and surrounding area
- Previous golf course work experience a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of golf as a player and or caddie
- Previous customer service experience
Recreation Industry Proviso:
Our shifts and needs vary every day, and the golf course is open seven days a week the majority of the year. Weekend and holiday work is a given as it is some of our busiest periods and the staffing is maximized to handle volume.
- Must be able to constantly stand, walk, bend over, reach, crouch, kneel, balance, push and pull.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work outside in excessive heat & cold with humidity/dampness.
- Must be able to work around motorized equipment/machinery with loud noise/vibrations.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces above ground.
- Must be able to work with chemicals/detergents/cleaners.