Westchester Hills Golf Club is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Merchandise Manager. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Merchandise Manager:
- Establishes merchandising plans, implements action steps and adjusts plan based on progress towards goals.
- Maintains effective stock levels and ensures stock presentations are appropriate for all seasons.
- Sells and maintains golf shop merchandise while providing member and guest service.
- Places special orders upon guest request.
- Works with Area Retail Manager on “open to buy” and buying strategies.
- Receives merchandise, prices merchandise, enters into POS system, and monitors inventory levels.
- Presents merchandise in attractive displays and rotate keeping a fresh look to golf shop.
- Works closely with the accounting office on accounts receivable and accounts payable issues. Ensures available discounts are utilized.
- Creates weekly displays showcasing new and unique products.
- Ensures stockrooms are kept organized so that items are easy to locate.
- Ensures replacement and return policies are adhered to.
- Ensures follow-up on past due orders and that canceled orders are communicated timely.
- Compiles and monitors daily sales forecasting reports.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Merchandising Clerks, Sales Attendants.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
Minimum Qualifications for the Merchandise Manager:
- Certificate from college, technical school or accredited facility; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience.
- Previous experience with Point of Sale (POS) systems.