Who You Are:
Are you ready? Have you prepared yourself and your career to be a part of a successful organization that truly operates in a FUN and HOSPITABLE environment? Putts and Pins is now hiring an enthusiastic line cook who enjoys working in an environment with a high level of RESPECT between coworkers and guests. This is your chance to build COMRADERY with our guests and use your intrapersonal skills to give the highest level of service possible, in an environment of INTEGRITY and HONESTY. We pride ourselves on providing a safe, fun and exciting work-place.
Our culinary team curates and fosters the inclusive and stylized culture that allows the service team to consistently exceed guest experiences through an outstanding food and beverage operation. The Prep Cook needs to be efficient, self-motivated, and have dexterity. They are true professionals who practice safe food and knife handling, prepare dishes with the utmost care and attention, and work quickly to serve a high volume of guests throughout the day. They are meticulous when it comes to seasoning and garnishes plates according to spec.
They are obsessive about the tiniest things. They will do anything for a guest or coworker and they take pride in delivering a world-class occasion each and every day.
Where You Work:
Welcome to Putts and Pins, a uniquely distinct full service indoor restaurant & bar amidst 2 miniature putting greens and duckpin bowling lanes. The venue is located in West Des Moines, IA and is recognized for its awesome food, finest cocktails and superior service, which is delivered among a high-energy, classic pop rock vibe. Joining our team not only provides you with an environment of unparalleled talented hospitality professionals like yourself, working together to create memorable dining experiences for our guests. The atmosphere is vibrant, the music is upbeat, and the comradery is alive – there’s nowhere else you’d rather be.
- Annual associate of the year (AOY) award/gift and banquet
- Associate of the quarter (AOQ) award and gift
- Annual associate party and presentation of the AOY
- Complimentary dine and play for up to 4 people total, per GM approval, twice annually
- Complimentary meals, when working
- Paid day off on your birthday
- Health/dental/vision/life insurance available, per Troon handbook
- 401K retirement plan, with matching, per Troon handbook
What You Do: You will prepare various food products for restaurant and banquet operations, guest consumption and enjoyment.
- Prepares sufficient quantities of food product in accordance to production plan or forecast needs.
- Utilizes whole food products eliminating any waste.
- Maintains overall cleanliness and sanitation standards in assigned areas.
- Alerts chef or supervisor of any equipment breakdowns, food overages, or shortages in a timely manner
- Requisitions inventory and receives supplies as necessary for daily production.
- Ensures proper storage of food items, wraps, dates, and rotates food items.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Performs other duties as required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Frequently stands, uses hands, talks, listens, tastes and smells. Regularly walks and reaches with hands and arms. Occasionally sits, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls. Regularly lifts up to 50 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 100 pounds (team lift).
Regularly works in extreme heat (non-weather) and near moving mechanical parts. Occasionally works in extreme cold (non-weather), wet or humid conditions (non-weather), near toxic or caustic chemicals, and in outdoor weather. Noise level is moderate.
Food Safety and Sanitation Training
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.