Troon-The Clubs at St. James is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Sous Chef. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Salary Range: $65,000 - $72,000
Key Responsibilities of the Sous Chef:
· Oversees all food production operations at the facility and ensures the production of consistently high quality food for all the restaurant outlets.
· Implements and maintains control procedures within the department, including daily food production charts, steak inventory and seafood charts, standardized recipes, use records, food costing sheets.
· Creates, maintains and updates menu specifications, recipes and pictures, and production forecasts.
· Maintains and evaluates existing food concepts as well as the developing of new ones to ensure the highest quality of food and profitability.
· Inspects, selects and uses only the freshest fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, fowl and other food products in order to maintain the highest standard in the preparation of all menu items.
· Participates in long and short-term goals to achieve budgetary objectives for the Food and Beverage department.
· Maintains a quality sanitation program in all areas.
· Monitors to ensure proper receiving, storage (including temperature setting) and rotation of food products so as to comply with Health Department regulations.
· Prepares requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
· Monitors all equipment in the kitchen to ensure cleanliness and proper working condition.
· Selects, trains and supervises kitchen staff in the proper preparation of menu items, equipment operation and safety measures.
· Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Cooks and Stewards.
· Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
· Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
· Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
· Regular and reliable attendance.
· Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Sous Chef:
· Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have Food Safety and Sanitation Training.
· Possesses knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and applicable health codes.
· Eligible Employee Benefits: *Medical *Dental *Vision *401K *EAP *Life Insurance *Disability Insurance * Paid Time Off * Pre-paid Legal