The Sales Manager is responsible for creating and implementing the promotions and sales plans of the club’s golf outings, banquets & weddings. This position will report directly to the property’s General Manager.
- Responsible for achieving sales/profit goals of the club’s golf outing business and banquet/event sales programs.
- Engages in outbound sales efforts through networking, attending business association functions, referrals from existing business clients, and lead generation.
- Provides guest tours in efforts to sell the merits of the Club’s facilities to outing and banquet/event prospects
- Works with the Club’s GM and Troon regional team to create outing and banquet/event program materials/collateral
- Helps develop outing and banquet/event sales budgets and marketing plans
- Oversees the preparation of contracts for all golf outing and banquet/events
- Transmits the necessary information about all events to the appropriate support staff
- Maintains active and regularly updated outing and banquet/event prospect files (both past and present)
- Participates in promotional/outside activities that are judged appropriate by the General Manager to enhance the presence of the property in the local community
- Processes invoices, updates internal reports, and other administrative tasks as assigned by the General Manger
- Responsible, with support from the Club’s GM and Troon marketing team, for resident and member communications, to includes social media posts, email blasts, posting collateral materials, and updating the website
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Expectation is 25-30 hours per week will be spent relating to sales activities and 10-15 hours relating to administrative activities.
- Must have 1-3 years related experience (golf, hotel, etc.) with a proven track record of success
- Must have solid promotional & sales skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly organized, efficient and detail oriented
- Must have excellent interpersonal/relationship building skills
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Compensation for the position will be a combination of base salary and an incentive plan based on sales. Compensation package also includes health, dental, and vision insurances (premium co-share), STD insurance, 401(k) plan, FSA, meals, vacation, sick days and a cell phone allowance. Compensation level to be determined based on experience.