Springdale Golf Club is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Head Mechanic. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
Pay Range: $25 - $28 / hr BOE
Key Responsibilities of the Head Mechanic:
- Maintains a preventative maintenance program on all equipment, purchases repair parts and replacement supplies.
- Reviews expenses and purchases with department manager for approval. Places orders for parts/supplies as needed for equipment or service and tracks expenses and inventories for budget purposes.
- Inspects, adjusts, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects in many types of golf course maintenance equipment.
- Performs mower grinding/sharpening, performs general overhaul of motors, reels, install and adjusts braking systems.
- Performs machining or welding work in making fittings used in repair of maintenance equipment.
- Maintains records of preventative maintenance, repairs made, parts ordered.
- Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of light and heavy construction and maintenance equipment and automotive apparatus. Skilled in the use of a wide variety of equipment repair tools and in the making of various types of mechanical repairs.
- Diagnoses mechanical troubles and schedules appropriate preventative maintenance work.
- Helps to control costs and expenses in the maintenance of the equipment fleet relating to parts purchases, inventory levels, service work, fuel inventories and related items
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Head Mechanic:
- Certificate from college or technical school.
- Minimum of three (3) years head mechanic or assistant mechanic experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License, Mechanics Certificate from Gas and Diesel Engine Training Seminar.
- Regular and reliable attendance.