TROON, the leading golf course management with 600+ managed facilities nationwide, seeks a Sales and Marketing Coordinator with daily responsibility as an account manager for Indigo Sports, a Troon Company. The Sales and Marketing Coordinator will focus on brand and message management for digital and print advertising, sales collateral, website, email, and social media management. They will also focus on planning and implementation of marketing communications strategies that will support successful execution of revenue programs for managed golf courses.
The Sales and Marketing Coordinator will be assigned a region and report directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing (DSM) while working closely with golf course General Managers (GM) for this assigned region. This position will serve as an account manager and will also work closely with the in-house graphic design team. Using feedback and direction from these internal customers, the Sales and Marketing Coordinator recommends and implements courses of action to create and execute relevant revenue programs and campaigns that are accurate, on time, consistent, creative, and communicate effectively to all golf course guests.
Location: Reston, Virginia or Irvine, CA
Salary Range: $43,000 - $45,000 BOE
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Account and Campaign Management
- Manage multiple brands (golf courses), including messaging, design, and communication.
- Manage the execution of established processes, policies, and procedures.
- Contribute best practices and innovative ideas to the Marketing Team.
- Plan and coordinate yearly revenue programs and related communication campaigns in conjunction with DSM and GM, using the Revenue Playbook for details, content, and context clarification.
- Develop and maintain marketing communication plans, job lists, and calendars.
- Communicate with Design Team, DSMs and GMs via project management system, email, and phone.
- Research new methods/opportunities to analyze and review data to create and improve marketing communication to golf course guests.
- Introduce new marketing and campaign initiatives to the GM and provide guidance where needed.
- Present campaign ideas and budget to the DSM and GM,
- Meet with the DSM to prioritize jobs and to receive direction and feedback on work.
- Meet and liaise with GM and DSM to discuss and identify revenue program and communication campaign details and elements to assist in the production of marketing materials including, but not limited to: broadcast email, website content, social media, advertising, collateral materials, signage, and direct mail.
- Work with the Design team on creative requirements for them to develop and produce campaigns that meet the course/client’s needs and budgets.
- Communicates with internal and external customers by maintaining regular contact with all parties throughout the entire feedback process, ensuring that communication flows effectively on details and expectations of campaigns via project management system, email, and video/telephone.
- Ensure promotional materials are final and submitted to appropriate vendor (publication, printer, etc.) by coordinating requirements with graphics department; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Developing and writing client reports and reviews and assisting in the development of marketing plans.
- Undertaking administrative tasks as they relate to execution of programs and strategies, including, but not limited to invoice approval, tracking shipments, report writing, vendor follow up, etc.
- Arranging and attending both regularly planned and impromptu meetings with DSM, GM, and other marketing and design team members.
- Monitoring the effectiveness (ROI) and success of programs and campaigns, presenting these results, and assisting with updating results within the Revenue Playbook, while working closely with the Analytics Team and Digital Marketing Team.
- Provide constructive feedback to the DSM, and internal customers regarding campaign implementation and execution.
The successful candidate will have:
- 1-3 years’ work experience in marketing, advertising, communication, or related area.
- A four-year degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related area.
- Experience in developing and implementing high-quality, successful advertising campaigns.
- Ability to build broadcast email and update website content using content management system.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook; and internet technologies.
- Understanding of basic graphic design concepts and a good foundation of Adobe InDesign.
- Commercial awareness of and ability to learn the industry.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Able to work independently; focus on attention to detail and follow established style guidelines.
- Is organized, customer-focused, reliable, and creative.
- Possess excellent writing, proofreading, and interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive and coachable in all aspects of the position.
All job descriptions are subject to a periodic review. Additional duties will be assigned occasionally by management.
Troon is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a diverse environment