The responsibility of the Mechanic is to assist in maintaining the excellent playing condition of the golf course. The Mechanic will perform major and minor mechanical repairs on a variety of diesel and gasoline powered equipment under the general direction of the Superintendent.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 1-3 years Mechanic experience
- Knowledge of small engine repair or automotive
- Must have excellent mechanical and problem-solving skills
- Will train the right mechanic if person has no reel grinding skills
- Knowledge in hydraulic systems
- Must be highly motivated, goal driven and self-starter
- Must be able to work with an assistant mechanic
- Conduct and effective preventative maintenance program in conjunction with operators to reduce mechanical failure and poor performance on all golf course equipment
- Repair of all golf course maintenance equipment
- Keep repair records on all equipment
- Maintain a clean shop area and keep it orderly and efficient
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is often required to stand, walk, push, pull, lift grasp, bend and kneel for hours at a time without sitting.
- The employee frequently is required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, crawl, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50lbs
- Moderate exposure to all working elements