MH Pete Dye Resort Course is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Irrigation Technician. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Pay Range: $18.89 - $20.12 per hour
Key Responsibilities of the Irrigation Technician:
- Performs preventative maintenance on the irrigation system including the lake re-circulation system and water features.
- Determines wet and dry areas for adjustments of sprinkler heads.
- Properly inventories and stocks all irrigation parts and tools in order to minimize down time.
- Maintains working knowledge of pump station maintenance requirements
- Operates, maintains and repairs a complex irrigation system, including leaks on the distribution lines, valve risers, electrical system, computer and irrigation control wire.
- Reports any serious irrigation breaks immediately to the Head Irrigation Technician or Superintendent and maintains a daily log of completed repairs.
- Prioritizes irrigation breaks and uses time efficiently.
- Conducts monthly checks of all sprinkler heads on the entire golf facility.
- Routinely inspects irrigation system components to ensure system is operating properly.
- Responsible for winterization and blowout of irrigation system, including all water lines, valves and pump stations.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications for the Irrigation Technician:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required. Certificate from college or technical school is preferred; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Prior golf course maintenance and irrigation experience is a major plus.
- Knowledge of the theory, care and operation of pumping stations and control systems. Electrical diagnostics and central operations ability will be necessary.
- Regular and reliable attendance.