The Royal County Down Golf Club is seeking to employ an Irrigation Technician who can demonstrate the following attributes:
- Previous experience as a greenkeeper is preferred with a minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Sports Turf Maintenance
- To be able to achieve a high level of attention to detail in all tasks being undertaken
- The ability to carry out multiple tasks required as part of the irrigation technicians’ skill set.
- Flexible approach to working hours regarding weekend rotas and start times depending on the time of the year.
- Competent with machinery.
- Methodical approach to maintaining and completing records on all equipment associated with irrigation.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all equipment associated with irrigation.
- Order and maintain inventory of parts needed for irrigation equipment.
- Repairs equipment associated with irrigation.
Some of the skill sets required to be successful in this dynamic role are:
- Excellent communicator
- Organisation and time management skills
- Great attention to detail
- Positive “can do” and practical attitude
- IT literate