We have an exciting opportunity to join our excellent team as Deputy Course Manager at Farleigh Golf Club, Warlingham, Surrey.
Reporting directly to the Course Manger you will be responsible for helping lead the team, deputising in their absence, ensuring all tasks are completed to a high standard and motivating the team to ensure superb standards are maintained and health and safety practices carried out.
Farleigh Golf Club is part of the Foxhills collection, a fantastic benefit to both our staff and members, a thriving venue that continues to invest in the courses, pushing the standards forwards year over year.
Our 27-hole layout makes up three 18-hole championship courses, which have hosted several high-profile events – PGA National Assistants Championship, England National SEG Qualifier, PGA National Fourball Championships, PGA Regional Qualifying.
- General golf course set up including switching, divoting, moving markers, raking bunkers and changing holes.
- General golf course maintenance including mowing, aeration, irrigation, fertilising, drainage and construction.
- General maintenance of the clubhouse grounds including outside buildings, litter picking, weeding beds and pruning shrubs.
- General maintenance of the greenkeepers buildings.
- Basic machinery and tool maintenance including start checks, machinery preparation, safe storage and reporting faults.
- To carry out all tasks to the company’s audit standard.
- To assist in keeping all Health & Safety and COSHH records up to date.
- To assist in the planning and execution of course maintenance & improvement projects.
- Support the Course Manager to lead the team, deputising in their absence, ensuring all tasks are completed to a high standard and motivating the team to ensure superb standards are maintained and health and safety practices carried out.
- Communicate with internal and external customers in a friendly and courteous manner at all times.
- To maintain a professional standard of dress and appearance, in line with company standards.
- Maintain a safe, clean and tidy work area.
- To adhere to all statutory requirements regarding fire, health, safety and hygiene.
- To attend any training sessions as requested and adhere to company policies.
- Support colleagues in delivering a high standard of customer service.
- Carry out any additional duties as reasonably requested by the management team.
- Promote the Foxhills Collection in a positive light at every opportunity.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Essential - Qualified to minimum NVQ Level 3 in Sports Turf Management
- Essential - Spraying certificates PA1, PA2 & PA6.
- Essential - Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the industry.
- Desirable - Chainsaw certificates CS30/CS31
- Desirable - Experience leading or supervising members of staff
- Desirable - Good knowledge of irrigation systems
- Desirable - Tournament experience
- Desirable - Play golf or have a good understanding of the game of golf