An excellent opportunity has arisen for an apprentice greenkeeper to join our already experienced and enthusiastic team. No experience is necessary as full training will be given. This position is perfect for someone leaving school, and to become part of the team at one of the most prestigious clubs in the area.
The journey of an apprentice is based over a 2-year period after which the candidate will gain a SVQ2 (SCQF5) in sportsturf management, with the option to progress to a SVQ3 (SCQF6) after this. This will be done by day release to our training provider between the months of September to March. All practical training is done on site by the Head or Deputy Head Greenkeeper.
Greenkeeping is a greatly fulfilling and rewarding career. After receiving the basic qualifications, it is up to the individual how far they wish to push themselves up the ladder.
Working hours: full time, permanent, annualised to 40 hours per week (44 hours per week April to September, 36 hours per week October to March) including weekend working on a rotational basis. Guaranteed 2.5 days off per week on a rota. 32 days paid annual leave.
Salary: competitive with reviews in line with progress through the modern apprenticeship programme.
- Be positive, with good time keeping, a hard-working attitude and attention to detail
- Be willing and able to work in an outdoor environment, with the understanding that this will be in all weather conditions
- Possess a willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Be able to work as a team as well as on their own
- Possess good communication skills
- An interest or basic knowledge of golf would be an advantage, but not essential
Uniform and PPE will be provided.