This job is archived
Golf Sales Manager – PGA CATALUNYA RESORT
Position Level: 2 (Senior Manager) Reports to: Commercial Director Supervises: 1
Location: PGA Catalunya ResortThe company
PGA Catalunya Resort, located near the picturesque town of Girona, Spain, has a five-star hotel, Hotel Camiral, a relaxing haven where guests can spend time together and where every day brings something new and exciting to discover and LaVida hotel, a hotel for today – beautifully designed, thoughtful use of space.
Besides, it incorporates two established championship-standard golf courses consistently ranked among the best ten golf courses in Europe.
Also it represents the next generation of luxury property development; a low-density project set among 300 hectares of mature forested woodland, the private residences blend with their natural surroundings and are exceptionally finished with open-plan layouts and innovative use of glass that brings the outside in without compromising on privacy.Scope of the position:
Leads High-End Golf Sales. Shares responsibility for achieving Golf, high end leisure, wellness and golf groups revenue goals, guest and associate satisfaction.Duties and responsibilities:
- Solicits new and existing business to meet/exceed revenue goals. Methods of sales may include, but are not limited to telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, sales presentations, property tours, customer meetings, travel to key markets and written Primary sales focus to include:
- On Property Resort –Relationship building for lead generation, attending pre-cons, sites and client meetings with a goal to capture new golf
- Off Property Resort – Execution of minimum of monthly sales calls, sales missions and Fam
- Develops a seamless group and event sales process with on-property resort sales managers, directors and service personnel to grow round and revenue opportunities
- Creates partnerships with other area hotels, ensuring that the facility is kept top of mind with groups and transient guests including potential referral
- Assists in developing and executing strategic sales & marketing plans that effectively communicate overall facility sales goals, including strategic directions, key objectives, target segments,
- Manages and evolves relationships with key wholesalers, TO’s, specialized agencies and key accounts.
- Develops a clear and concise sales process to attract premium groups, high-end tournaments and high-end catered events with effective follow-up for
- Strategically utilizes and understands different revenue opportunities for the facility, including local resorts and clubs, online third-party providers, the local competition and other partnerships or relationships, which offer revenue opportunities.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of golf operations, tee-sheet maximization, tournament maintenance schedules and group needs and the key vendor relationships and the tools they offer to support and manage
- Proactively sells golf and Hotel & Wellness as well as upsells for Pro Shop spent, The Golf Hub and F&B.
- Participates in the day-to-day Resort sales efforts of the facility, assisting the Commercial
- Continually researches and analyzes local, national and Mediterranean market conditions to obtain an in-depth understanding of competitor’s pricing strategies throughout the
- Creates a sales culture throughout all facility operations, maintaining excellent service standards to achieve positive Net Promoter Scores and guest
- Maintains the ability to understand golf course inventory during different times of year, allowing the facility to maximize revenues with all round types and golf
- Effectively communicates sales strategies to Commercial
- Continually strives to enhance sales leadership skills by attending industry shows, workshops, forums, sales missions, Fam Trips, educational seminars and other learning
- Prepares reports to the Commercial Director such as annual sales plans, monthly sales reports, annual goals, sales & marketing budgets and
- Closely analyzes and reviews with Commercial Director different sales and marketing opportunities to attract potential
- Maintains a thorough group database for the Resort, allowing for high quality Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and prompt customer follow-up.
- Represents PGA Catalunya Golf & Wellness on appropriate site visits including golf outings, special events and
- Ensures that appropriate staff organizes and executes all group events in a detailed
- Provides content, oversight and assistance with the management of facility website and search engine marketing campaigns including golf, retail and F&B.
- Execution of Golf email marketing campaigns every 4 weeks conveying golf, hotel, golf hub, F&B, activities and other
- Creates tournaments with local and international
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Commercial
PGA Core competences
- Natural warmth
- Thinking ahead
- Always evolving
- Quality at all times
- Sense of pride
Success profile for this role (competences)
- Customer focus
- Managing vision and purpose
- Strong attention to detail, and exceptional organizational
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical
- Excellent interpersonal and sales-related
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in
- +5 years related experience in a top 50 Golf Resort worldwide.
- +3 Languages. Fluent in Spanish, English and French or German.
- Knowledge of Opera, and golf software required.
- Knowledge of other languages
- Related experience involving hotel, food & beverage and catering sales is
- International experience preferred