The Regional Manager is responsible for setting the direction and achieving the desired sales results for his/her territory Southwest Europe (France, North Africa, Italy, Iberica and Mediterranean Countries). Responsibilities include the development & implementation of a strategic sales plan, sales calls and business development to grow sales & market share. It includes as well the direct management of three Rain Bird sales representatives located in these territories.
The candidate will have dedicated own sales and project support activities in the territory France and Iberica and will act as the voice of their customers to Rain Bird Europe’s management and will take an active role in the strategic and tactical actions needed to reach corporate objectives.
- Achieve sales and market share goals of his/her territory
- Recommend and implement differentiating sales strategies, programs and promotions
- Strengthen the distribution network by improving existing distributors and adding new distributors
- Dedicated Sales & Project activity engagement in France & Iberica territory - Identify project opportunities and influence use of Rain Bird irrigation products
- Organize the follow-up of new golf courses construction and renovation projects
- Establish long term relationship with Golf Courses customers and industry partners
- Ensure the permanent update of the customers’ database via the CRM
- Track and monitor sales progress and make recommendations, as needed
- Directly manage the Rain Bird Sales Executives in the respective regions (3 persons)
- Representative & Backup of the European Sales Manager Europe
- Work closely with the Europe Golf Sales Manager, Europe Specification Manager, others Golf Area Managers and the Service team
- Prepare regular and special sales reports as assigned including Monthly Reports, Annual Sales Plans
- Require intensive traveling of about 50% of the person’s time
- BS or BA
- MBA (Desirable)
- Excellent written and verbal skills in French, Spanish & English. Other language are plus
- 7-10 years successful sales experience in irrigation or similar industry (ideally in Golf industry).
- Minimum 5 years proven Sales Management & Leadership experience required
- Project sales and management Skills
- Proven Experience in Distribution Management
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills
- Good presentation skills and public speaking
- Analytical skills in market data and competitive activities
- Ability to work in a team and deliver outstanding results
- Self-motivated individual with independent decision-making capability;
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot)
- Good working knowledgeof personal computers and commonly used business software (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
This position requires min 50% travel time, and very regular travels to Rain Bird Europe premises.