Responsible for the sale of TaylorMade Golf products and services in the territory by interacting with established customers and developing new prospects. Maintains personal one-on-one contact and assures customer awareness by providing expertise, knowledge, new product information and such consistent with company objectives and quality standards.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Successfully sell and promote the company's products and services while maximizing the territory’s potential.
- Achieves both short and long-term objectives for increased sales volume and territory growth.
- Educate and inform customers and golf public about company products to assure growth, product/service development, quality control and profitability.
- Responsible for securing and renewing orders & merchandising our products @ account base within assigned territory to ensure best possible sell through.
- Maintain open communications between company and customers. Establish professional customer/vendor relationship with appropriate customer personnel.
- Acts within scope of corporate objectives and policies to accomplish assigned goals.
- Call on and provide service to Strategic Account doors within defined territory (i.e. merchandising, product/fitting training, relationship building, visit reports, etc.)
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Strong level of written and verbal communication skills. Use of professional language and good judgment when interacting with customers regarding comparison of various product brands
- Good overall knowledge of TaylorMade Golf products.
- Organization & Time Management Skills.
- Technical skills (golf equipment, computers, etc.).
- Ability to effectively present information and ideas to varying levels in the organization and to groups of all sizes.
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications:
- 3+ years of golf-related outside sales experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or similar field required
- Experience with club fitting and golf hardgoods is preferred
- Must have golf playing ability: 10 or better golf handicap is preferred
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- Flexibility in days and hours available for scheduled work; including weekends.
- Extensive travel required (car/plane).
- Must hold valid driver’s license and be able to drive to various locations to perform sales work (50% traveling)
- MUST be able to live in the defined sales territory with ability to travel within territory lines
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.