Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
(Archived) Director of Sales and Marketing
Indian Wells Golf Resort in Indian Wells, CA is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of full-time Director of Sales and Marketing. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Directs all sales, marketing and public relations efforts to include the membership approval processes. Ensures accuracy of memberships file systems and accounting procedures and coordinates new member introduction into the club. Works closely with all club departments
Key Responsibilities of the Director of Sales and Marketing:
• Responsible for membership sales and public relations in the club while working closely with the General Manager and Board in developing membership programs and annual marketing strategies.
• Develops and leads a strategic membership development program designed to increase total membership count and membership dues revenue.
• Responsible for achieving annual budgeted sales goals and for monitoring business volume forecast while planning accordingly for manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Serves as a liaison between membership and operations of the club.
• Conducts tours for prospective members as appropriate and actively moves them through the sales cycle towards a closing.
• Assists in the development and implementation of advertising and promotional campaigns designed to generate membership sales.
• Develops and ensures proper maintenance of an accurate contact management system including call records, database and activity management.
• Ensures membership records are properly maintained on all members.
• Prepares monthly membership reports required by General Manager, Board/Committees and support team.
• Assists in coordination of all club events to include invitations, mailings and other publicity. Maintains and develop strong relationships with current members to encourage participation in club events and maintain a high level of member satisfaction.
• Participates in events to ensure member engagement, identify and capture additional opportunities for member recruitment and/or retention.
• Effectively communicates with management and associates to increase knowledge of membership goals, membership satisfaction, membership retention and activities.
• Networks with community partners including, but not limited to: Chamber of Commerce, local tourism councils, exchange clubs, local corporate executives, business leaders, and media contacts.
• Oversees preparation of monthly member newsletter with input given by each department.
• Available to step in as needed in the General Manager’s absence, when appropriate.
• Manages department members which may include, but is not limited to: Membership Coordinator & Communications Manager.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Takes a leadership position in developing ongoing training programs for the department.
Minimum Qualifications for the Director of Sales and Marketing:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major emphasis in sales, marketing, public relations, psychology or sociology is preferred.
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in sales and marketing, public relations, hospitality or related field is preferred.
• Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have excellent organizational and time management skills, along with the ability to coordinate details and prioritize the work on a daily and weekly basis.
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Strategic solutions for today’s golf businesses. Troon started as one facility in 1990 and has since grown to become the world’s largest professional club management company. We provide services to 595+ locations and 645+ golf courses, while also managing various amenities, such as tennis, aquatics, fitness, food & beverage, lodging and more. We have grown our company by listenin...