Mauna Lani Golf on the Kohala Coast on Hawaii island is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Golf Sales Director. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to the clubs managed by Troon.
This position is responsible for assisting in the delivery of revenue to the facility. Assists in the development of sales strategies by implementation of proven sales methods, combined with leveraging corporate programs, industry best practices, and current trends in the marketplace.
• Solicits new and existing business to meet/exceed revenue goals. Methods of sales may include, but are not limited to telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, sales presentations, property tours, customer meetings, travel to key markets and written correspondence. Primary sales focus to include:
o On Property Resort – Sales Managers / Concierge relationship building for lead generation, attending pre-cons, sites and client meetings with a goal to capture new golf business
o Off Property Resort – Execution of minimum of monthly sales calls to off property resorts (Sales/Concierge)
• Develops a seamless group and event sales process with on-property resort sales managers, directors and service personnel to grow round and revenue opportunities
• Creates partnerships with other area hotels, ensuring that the facility is kept top of mind with groups and transient guests including potential referral programs.
• Assists in developing and executing strategic sales & marketing plans that effectively communicate overall facility sales goals, including strategic directions, key objectives, target segments, strategies, marketing & public relations and Troon programs on an ongoing basis.
• Manages and evolves relationships with key wholesalers.
• Develops a clear and concise sales process to attract groups, tournaments, weddings and catered events with effective follow-up for each.
• Strategically utilizes and understands different revenue opportunities for the facility, including local resorts and clubs, online third-party providers, the local competition and other partnerships or relationships, which offer revenue opportunities.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of golf operations, tee-sheet maximization, tournament maintenance schedules and group needs and the key vendor relationships and the tools they offer to support and manage goals.
• Proactively upsells groups to include merchandise, rentals, etc.
• Participates in the day to day marketing efforts of the facility, assisting the General Manager, Head Golf Professional and revenue manager, as needed.
• Continually researches and analyzes local market conditions to obtain an in-depth understanding of competitor’s pricing strategies throughout the year.
• Creates a sales culture throughout all facility operations, maintaining excellent service standards to achieve positive Net Promoter Scores and guest satisfaction.
• Maintains the ability to understand golf course inventory during different times of year, allowing the facility to maximize revenues with all round types and golf groups.
• Effectively communicates sales strategies to key stakeholders.
• Continually strives to enhance sales leadership skills by attending industry shows, educational seminars and other learning opportunities.
• Prepares reports such as annual sales plans, monthly sales reports, annual goals, sales & marketing budgets and forecasts.
• Closely analyzes different marketing opportunities to attract potential business.
• Maintains a thorough group database for the facility, allowing for high quality Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and prompt customer follow-up.
• Represents the facility on appropriate site visits including golf outings, weddings, catered events and potential meetings.
• Ensures that appropriate staff organizes and executes all group events in a detailed manner.
• Management of club social media outlets, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to generate awareness for the facility including exploring and creating different public relations opportunities for the facility. Minimum 3x per week, per channel posts.
• Provides content, oversight and assistance with the management of facility website and search engine marketing campaigns including golf, retail and F&B.
• Execution of Club/Golf email marketing campaigns (minimum 26x annually – every two weeks) conveying golf, retail or other offering.
• Creates tournaments with local audiences such as locals, Troon Cardholders, Troon Rewards members, key third-party customers, public golfers, etc.
• Clearly understands and promotes Troon programs at the facility generating incremental rounds and revenues and trains and leads all staff at the facility to do the same.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) and minimum two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferences:
• Ability to read and speak English (e.g. the associates are required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision with some travel required (on and off island).
• Excellent interpersonal and sales-related skills.
• Knowledge of EZ Links, Golf Channel Solutions and Jonas (or similar) applications is helpful.
• Related experience involving food & beverage and catering sales is preferred.