The Village Club of Sands Point is a family-friendly private club conveniently located on the Gold Coast of Long Island within the Village of Sands Point, just minutes from the Long Island Expressway and 40 minutes by train from New York City. Formerly the Guggenheim Estate and then the IBM Country Club, the Village of Sands Point purchased the estate in 1994. The Club property, facing the Long Island Sound covers approximately 210 acres of sprawling lawns, estate gardens and prime waterfront views. A unique facility, the Village Club of Sands Point provides an 18 Hole Championship Golf Course originally designed as a 9-hole layout by Robert Trent Jones, Sr. which was expanded to its current 18-hole routing by renowned golf course architect Tom Doak in 2001. Facilities also include a swimming pool overlooking Hempstead Harbor, 12 regulation tennis courts, 5 platform courts, formal dining and event space at the Guggenheim Mansion, 9 luxurious overnight lodging rooms and casual dining at the Grille.
The position of Director of Membership Sales and Marketing is an important role at the club and is responsible for developing and implementing plans, programs, and activities designed to increase and retain club membership sales and relations while promoting a positive image of the club. This position is responsible for the coordination, development and implementation of internal marketing communication efforts. This is a collaborative position working with the club’s department heads and member committees. This position is a highly skilled role requiring the knowledge and execution of current digital marketing tools and software.
- Plan and implement strategies to meet the club’s membership and marketing goals through marketing campaigns designed to build and retain club membership.
- Promote club activities using newsletters, direct mail, e-mail, social media, collateral, signage and online services.
- Organize and conduct prospective member tours and functions.
- Organize the production of membership kits, brochures and promotional letters for sales calls, blitzes, direct mail and membership retention programs.
- Develop and conduct orientation programs for new members.
- Coordinate the development and substantiation of new and current member social activities for the club. Track the performance of all membership activities and respond on timely basis to member requests and concerns.
- Provide prospective clients and members with information, club details and facility tours, including potentially playing golf with membership prospects.
- Review and process all applications for membership.
- Maintain the club’s database of member information. Administer all membership changes, additions, and deletions.
- Maintain and update Club’s web site and other internet and social media pages.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all operational, financial, budgetary and related marketing and sales reports as required reports.
- Attend local civic and business association meetings and events as required establishing partnerships where possible to benefit the club.
- Conduct periodic market research to provide information essential for revising current programs, which enhance the club’s competitiveness in the marketplace.
- Identify potential target markets, make recommendations, evaluate and develop appropriate marketing strategies promoting club membership benefits.
- Work closely with KemperSports regional support teams, create and implement the annual sales and marketing plan for membership.
- Other duties as requested by the General Manager.
- Some nights, weekends and Holidays will be required to represent the club and interact with members.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or equivalent education and experience.
- 3 years outside sales and marketing experience, preferably in the private club, resort, and/or golf industry.
- 3 years applicable and demonstrated success in marketing, strategic planning, customer service, and digital marketing development and execution including social media, email, website, and other marketing platforms.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with track record of effectively dealing with various stakeholders; including members, guests, department heads, and community members.
- Customer-service orientation to create an atmosphere of genuine care for members and guests and to provide a high level of personalized service.
- Demonstrates outstanding interpersonal communication, presentation and sales skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Must have understanding of the game of golf and be able to discuss golf fluently – an avid player is a plus.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Dedication and commitment to excellent member service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Contact Management (CRM) Software, along with basic design, website updating and social media skills.
Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer