We are Europe’s biggest and best golf retailer. From a single store in Ashton in Makerfield, we now have over 95 retail stores and leisure sites across the UK and Ireland and we’re still growing with the continued acquisition and development of our state-of-the-art leisure and golf complexes.
At American Golf our teams are unique, consisting of people that are passionate about our products and dedicated to providing the best possible service to our customers. Our colleagues are specialists at what they do, not just advising on the best products to match our customers' needs but also providing practical solutions to help improve their game.
You’ll be provided with the product knowledge and skills training you need to provide our customers with a service that exceeds their expectations and keeps them coming back! You will learn how to demonstrate and discuss our products, as well as the practical aspects of our custom fit service. If you can demonstrate experience adapting your approach in a customer-focused sales environment, we can help you with the rest.
To Be Successful in This Role You Will Need
- An interest in golf or desire to learn more about our products and services
- The ability to create positive relationships with customers and deliver outstanding service
- To maintain a high standard of presentation in the store
- To contribute to the achievement of team and individual sales and KPI targets
- To conduct key holder responsibilities as and when required
- To provide relevant and comprehensive product information to all customers
- The ability to talk with confidence about our club-fit process.
- Working on a rota basis, including weekends, is required.
- A competitive salary with an uncapped commission scheme
- 29 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- An extra day off to celebrate your birthday!
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Employee discount for you, your family and your friends
- Company incentives
- Professional qualification & subscription support
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Other fantastic benefits include Reward scheme, Denplan, Cycle to work and more.
We care about our colleagues just as much as we care about our customers, so if you’re looking ahead and want to develop into retail management or work at our Retail Support Centre, we can help you fulfil your potential.
We value people as individuals with diverse opinions, cultures, lifestyles and circumstances. We are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our colleagues and preventing unlawful discrimination.
We aim for our workforce to be representative of our customers and wider society, and for each employee to feel respected and have opportunities to give their best. Job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
£5.20 - £8.91 per hour
£6.35 - £10.06 OTE per hour