Titleist, golf’s symbol of excellence, is the game's leading performance equipment brand, having earned the overwhelming trust of tour professionals, club professionals, competitive amateurs and dedicated golfers worldwide. The Titleist golf ball embodies superior performance, innovative design and technology, precision manufacturing and unmatched quality. Titleist is the unequivocal #1 ball in golf and has been for over 70 years—and still counting. Titleist also has an unwavering commitment to design and develops the best- performing clubs in the game to support a leading club fitting and trial platform to maximize dedicated golfers’ performance experience. Titleist golf gear, comprised of golf bags, headwear, travel gear, accessories, and golf glove, also delivers the performance and quality excellence promised in every product that bears the Titleist script.
Director, D2C Sales
SALARY RANGE: $142,000 - $185,000, plus bonus eligibility
Direct the strategy for featuring and selling Titleist golf clubs, wedges, and putters through Fitting Events, Titleist.com, Retail Partner websites and other digital channels planning the entire golfer journey from product launch to fitting to purchase. Champion the Direct to Golfers sales channel and digital commerce strategy for the entire range of Clubs products and partner with the Brand and Digital teams to deliver best in class golfer experiences.
- BS or BA required. MBA or Masters degree is preferred.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in a Sales or Business Lead role required and three (3) years Field Sales experience within the golf industry. Experience with Golf Club Fitting and/or oversight of that function highly preferred.
- This position may include domestic travel up to 10% of the time (25-30 overnights per year).
- Strong knowledge and passion for the game of golf and golf equipment required. Sales experience with business planning and sales planning experience, ideally in the golf equipment space. Experience partnering and driving consensuses on the road maps and build a pipeline of innovation concepts to enhance the golfer experience. A track record of successfully collaborating with other functional areas (marketing, IT, distribution, finance, etc.) is required. Must possess strong leadership skills and experiences. A willingness to be both strategic and provide a hands-on as needed approach is important to success in the role. Highly motivated team player that is data and detail driven with deep appreciation for executional excellence. Any experience dealing with global eCommerce or B2B sales initiatives is a plus.
- Drives Clubs Direct to Golfer sales strategy and ensure an integrated approach across all Direct to Golfer activities including the Fitting Event program, eCommerce sales, online Trial services, Pre-owned sales and Virtual fitting services. Assess new channel opportunities through strategic assessment, business cases preparation and requirements gathering.
- Responsible for managing and growing the Fitting Event business while ensuring a best-in-class golfer fitting experience. Develop and manage the Fitting Event budget in conjunction with the VP of Sales. Create the menu of Fitting Event options available to Partners & Golfers and the pricing structure implemented at Fitting Events. Continually assess Golfer expectations of the fitting experience and implement plans to meet and exceed them. Effectively lead the Fitting Event Manager and Fitting Specialist team in the field to achieve core measurable goals – number of fittings per event, sales per fitting, and average sales per event.
- In partnership with Clubs marketing, communicate core e-Commerce product launch initiatives and go-to-market plans. Provide key themes for engagement calendar, communication cadence and supporting assets to DTC / Digital activation team. Ensure the smooth running and daily operation excellence of the Clubs DTC business from Marketing to Site Experience to Operations. Act as a connector between key functions - Customer Service, Operations, Clubs Marketing, Titleist DTC, and Digital Commerce COE to ensure go-to-market and daily operational excellence.
- Continuously assess the marketplace for clubs DTC best practice, enhancements to our current experiences and build a roadmap of innovation for the club's digital experience. Coordinate the Clubs roadmap with the Acushnet Digital Commerce Center of Excellence, as well as aligning strategic objectives with the entire Titleist DTC portfolio of golf balls and gear to deliver industry leading experiences for across digital channels. Plan the logistics operations requirements with internal and 3PL groups to determine the most efficient resource allocation to run each independent element of the Titleist Golf Clubs digital commerce strategy.
- Responsible for working with the company’s key Retail Partners to ensure Clubs products are represented in a brand enhancing manner, actively promoted, and the golfer online experience is maximized. Coordinate with the Clubs Marketing team to ensure online Retail partners have all the latest product images, specs, videos, and other assets necessary to promote and sell Clubs products. Actively measure online sales results and report trends to key business stakeholders. Regularly monitor key Retail websites for compliance with Brand standards.
- Drive and own the forecast and sales goals by category based on annual launch cycles and growing D2C channel. Work directly with the US Clubs Forecasting Manager on a monthly basis to ensure all D2C demand through eCommerce and Events is accurately captured in the overall US Clubs Forecast and reflected in the information provided to Finance and Operations.
VP Titleist Club Sales US
Candidates meeting the qualifications listed above are invited to submit their resume along with salary requirements via the apply button for this job at: https://employment.acushnetgolf.com/ and must submit a resume in "MS Word Form ONLY" in order to be considered.
Acushnet Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled. Acushnet Company offers competitive salaries to commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package consisting of medical & dental; 401(k) savings plan; tuition assistance; life & disability insurance; vacations/holidays; on site wellness programs / facility; etc. and generous product discounts.