Troon is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Regional Revenue Manager. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service to our managed clubs.
This position is responsible for working with the revenue management department to develop, implement and report on pricing strategies and top line revenue at select Troon daily fee & resort facilities. This is accomplished by analyzing historical data, competitive analysis and constantly monitoring inventory levels. Providing applicable reporting to support short term and long term pricing recommendations.
This position will focus on courses in the Indigo Golf Partners and OB Sports Brand and will have future oversight of hotel pricing if applicable. Position will implement pricing for 25+ courses and will be expected to report on these plans to ownership on a monthly basis.
• In collaboration with the facility General Manager or Director of Golf, leads the development of facility related pricing and marketing strategies.
• Understands and develops revenue management and dynamic based pricing strategies for the club.
• Develops a clear and concise pricing process for the facilities to attract golf rounds, revenues at the highest potential ADR.
• Effectively communicates revenue management strategies and results to key stakeholders.
• Utilizes internal Troon business intelligence tools along with industry-centric tools (EZLinks, Golf Channel/GolfNow and other related reporting) for revenue management/growth
• Continually researches and analyzes local market conditions (including both competitors and third party sites) to obtain an in-depth understanding of competitor’s pricing strategies throughout the year.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of golf operations, tee-sheet maximization, tournament maintenance schedules and group needs and the key vendor relationships and the tools they offer to support and manage goals.
• Maintains the ability to understand golf course inventory during different times of year, allowing the facility to maximize revenues with all round types and golf groups.
• Continually strives to enhance revenue management leadership skills by attending educational seminars, webinars and other learning opportunities.
• Strategically utilizes and understands different revenue opportunities for the facility, including local resorts and clubs, online third-party providers, the local competition and other partnerships or relationships, which offer revenue opportunities.
• Prepares reports such as annual pricing plans/strategies, weekly and monthly revenue management reports, forecasts and other revenue management related reporting.
• Closely analyzes different marketing opportunities to attract new potential business and retain current customers
• Clearly understands and promotes Troon programs at the facility generating incremental rounds and revenues and trains and leads all staff at the facility to do the same. Regular and reliable attendance.
• Weekly communication with courses and key stake holders
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Automate reporting to ensure that reports are being delivered regularly to either clients or staff at the facility
• Support regional marketing team with pricing recommendations and reporting
• Bachelor’s degree (BA) and minimum two years related revenue management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Noise level is moderate. Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. Position has ability to be located in the following locations:
• Irvine, CA
• Chicago, IL
• Reston, VA
• Palm Beach Gardens, FL
None required. CRME a plus
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferences:
• Ability to read and speak English (e.g. the associates are required to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in English).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal and sales-related skills.
• Knowledge of EZLinks, Golf Channel Solutions/Golf Now and golf distribution channels (or similar) applications
• Hotel/Airline/Sports Revenue Management experience a plus
• Experience using Microsoft Excel to work with data sets
• Experience in R, Python, or SQL a plus