Chigwell Golf Club are looking for a passionate and hardworking Retail Manager to take on the responsibility of the overall management of the day to day running of the golf shop, including member services, visitor engagement and all front of house services required in a retail store at a very busy golf club. The successful candidate will lead and motivate a vibrant team of retail assistants who demonstrate a passion of exceeding our customer expectations and a commitment to exceptional standards.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the financial management and KPIs of the store. This includes assisting in the preparation and management of the budgets and analysing weekly sales performance.
- Responsible for the ordering of stock as per seasonal requirements, liaising with supplier representatives accordingly.
- Responsible for stock management, to include monitoring wastage and discounting to achieve maximum profit.
- Identify and coordinate staff development in conjunction with the General Manager. Identifying potential skills and knowledge gaps.
- Responsible for merchandising to maximise sales opportunities, promoting stock in key areas.
- Run meetings with staff to update and inform them of key information i.e. promotions, targets, management messages etc. as necessary.
- Ensure a customer first attitude and a positive visitor experience
- Maintain effective and attractive shop floor appearance in order to maximise sales.
- Ensure replacement and return procedures are carried out in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all golf shop staffing including the daily rota, staff training, holiday requirements and sickness cover.
- Manage the social media marketing requirements for the golf shop.
- Exceptional product knowledge.
- Together with the General Manager, support implementation of commercial initiatives.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be reliable and able to work well under pressure.
- Must have a positive attitude and be prepared to be hands on.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Exceptional attention to detail and forward-thinking ethos.
- Demonstrate a professional, enthusiastic and flexible approach.
- Able to promote excellent team work to achieve exceptional customer experience.
- Demonstrate strong people management skills.
- Knowledgeable in maintaining and monitoring Health and Safety practices.
- Efficient organisational and prioritisation skills.
Experience within the golf industry is preferred, or at least two years’ experience in a managerial role and an interest in the game of golf is required.
To apply to this role please click the APPLY button now.