This job is archived
Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
Team Leader will provide leadership and direction to all associates assigned to the First Shift in the Fairhaven Distribution Center. Ensure daily production targets are communicated and met while meeting or exceeding all standards for safety, efficiency, team-work, and customer service. Ensure the security of the facility during the shift. Work in cooperation with all members of the Distribution operations leadership team to meet daily production targets while providing a safe working environment.
- Provide leadership by coaching and developing all first shift associates. Ensure all training is prepared and executed in accordance with the Distribution Training Schedule and identify individual associate needs. Monitor associate performance and identify opportunities for retraining and/or performance management. Ensure all training results are documented as part of the Distribution Training Program.
- Communicate expectations and results. Constantly monitor individual and group production levels and provide regular, positive, and constructive, performance feedback. Ensure work areas are staffed to meet production and efficiency goals. Foster an idea-generation, problem-solving culture, and drive for continuous improvement. Execute approved continuous improvement initiatives.
- Provide a safe, healthy, clean environment for all associates. Ensure all facility safety procedures are always followed by associates. Investigate safety incidents and near misses. Determine and document root cause, corrective actions, and any follow up activities with company resources in resolving safety issues. Initiate maintenance requests as necessary; monitor work order status and follow up with facilities resources as necessary. Ensure daily housekeeping activities are completed as scheduled.
- Monitor associate performance quality and provide regular feedback. Determine root causes for quality issues and develop options for eliminating these issues. Resolve all quality and accuracy issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure all work area equipment and tools are in proper working order. Ensure all RF-devices, computer workstations, and communication devices are accounted for and are working properly. Coordinate all internal and external service providers as needed and ensure all vendors receive required safety training. Ensure all supplies meet established quality and performance standards. Monitor inventory levels and usage of supplies, coordinate reordering of supplies as necessary.
- Ensure administrative tasks (payroll, vacation planning, time and attendance, benefits selection, etc) for assigned associates are completed in a timely manner. Resolve system related issues.
- Ensure a good transition between shifts. Ensure daily plans and directions are transferred to all associates. Communicate end-of-shift status of work and any resolved/unresolved issues. Escalate off hours issues as necessary if immediate notification of senior management is required. Provide inventory control and production management support for 2nd shift operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including back up for other team lead roles throughout the Distribution team.
- BS degree preferred, preferably in operations management or supply chain management.
- Additional training in continuous improvement, safety, team building, and change management desirable.
- Two years of supervisory experience required.
- Three years of experience in distribution/warehouse operations required.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate others. Proven ability to implement change within a group of associates.
- Proven ability to drive performance improvement of individuals and groups.
- Experience using computer-based operations and performance management system preferred.
- Ability to review operations in a warehouse setting. Climbing of stairs, long periods of standing, sitting. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Frequent use of computer to review work status and perform administrative tasks.