Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete.
The Lead Business Systems Analyst - PLM serves as a primary contact for how the Centric product lifecycle development system works from both a business and technical perspective. The analyst partners with business liaisons to translate requirements into software specifications. This role works directly with the software vendor, developers and other analysts to deliver software solutions utilizing the Centric software.
- Leads business liaisons and non-technical teams in the evaluation of internal development processes to streamline product lifecycle and day-to-day workloads within Centric software.
- Assist in Centric Software solution design by analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts, diagrams, and system diagrams, studying system capabilities, and writing specifications. Configure Centric based on defined requirements.
- Coordinates with software vendor to resolve any issues in functionality and may serve as a point of escalation. Assists in the evaluation of new technologies, software functionality, and service offerings. Coordinates all activities with respect to new Centric software releases evaluation of new functionality, changes in business process, etc. with vendor and business partners to ensure successful upgrades while minimizing downtime.
- Leads system testing and integration efforts, as well as develop and execute test plans and implementation schedules.
- Support existing applications on a 24x7 basis as a member of an applications on-call support process.
- Leads the creation of business cases, ROI analysis, specifications and requirement documents using structured analysis and data modeling techniques (e.g. activity diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams). Collaborates with the IT, finance, and legal leadership to develop the project business case framework and budgets; Assists in creation of project appropriation requests (PARs) and cost justifications for technology strategies
- Reviews software releases to evaluate new functionality. Trains super users on changes to software and system related workflow processes.
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field required. Advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years directly supporting packaged or custom software applications in a business analyst capacity
- 3+ years supporting software for multiple business, with a focus on product lifecycle management (PLM) and PLM best practices
- Experience with Solution Delivery Lifecycle and IT Change management practices and procedures
- Experience with Centric PLM strongly desired
- Experience with java scripting - developing and executing of scripts in a Centric environment strongly desired
- Experience with any of the following a plus: Infor M3, web Methods, EDI, Kewill Flagship, and Manhattan WMS a plus.
- Position is distinguished from lower positions by a mastered knowledge of multiple business areas/processes, applications, and ability to solve complex business problems. Mastered proficiency in business process design, execution, and operations. Prior non-IT experience a plus.
- Ability to manage large IT projects. Participates as a contributor to IT projects
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
- Proficient understanding and use of business process methodologies, creating and maintaining business capability models, interaction diagrams, and process and technology inventories
- Positive attitude and ability to build strong relationships within the company and with external partners
- Proficient in specific business process functionality, configuration options and integration methods and the ability to apply this knowledge to address highly complex business problems
- Ability to communicate complex concepts both verbally and in written form
- Ability to lead and negotiate with business and technical groups
- Documentation skills- provides oversight around documentation creation/standards/templates, etc.
- Proficient with presentation skills both formally in a group setting and informally with 1:1 interaction with end users
- Strong understanding of business functionality and the ability to translate it into application requirements.
- Strong prioritization skills, project management and organization skills
- Strong proficiency in testing software and associated testing business processes end-to-end