Acushnet Company is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance-driven golf products. Today, we are the steward of two of the most revered brands in golf – Titleist, one of golf’s leading performance equipment brands, and FootJoy, one of golf’s leading performance wear brands.
We believe we are the most authentic and enduring company in the golf industry. Our mission - to be the performance and quality leader in every golf product category in which we compete!
The analyst will play a critical role in the planning and execution of demand and inventory purchase decisions for all Gear products. This individual will also support cross functional analytical needs across Sales, Operations, and Sourcing. They will provide the insights to support on-going decision making and participate or lead associated meetings as necessary. Success will in part be measured by improving service levels, optimizing inventory levels, minimizing costs, and limiting stock-outs.
- Executes and Maintains a robust and aligned Demand Planning Process & Tools across global gear portfolio that delivers intelligence and enables effective demand management decision making.
- Executes and Maintains agreed upon Buy Strategies that ensure service, cost and inventory tradeoffs are conveyed in order to develop and maintain healthy pull marketplaces.
- Delivers Category S&OP content and insights to key stakeholders in order to drive alignment across sales, finance and operations in delivering an aligned, high quality & constraint-based demand and supply plans.
- Executes an aligned Inventory Management Strategy that drives service, flow and effective turns allowing for flexibility and marketplace health.
- Enables Global Supply Planning that ensures we balance service and inventory tradeoffs while maintaining healthy partnerships, effective supply flow and a globally leveraged buying process
- Executes a robust Style Master Process for setup and maintenance of key master data that drives our supply chain decision making and actions.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Business, with a focus in Supply Chain preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years experiences in Demand Planning and Inventory Management in the consumer goods industry. (Golf or Equipment a plus)
- Very strong data & analytical skills.
- 2-3 years of proven project management experience.
- Must possess and apply expert knowledge of seasonal planning and launch execution to deliver our Gear strategy.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and execute product changes across the organizations functional landscape.
- Strong knowledge of ERP (Lawson Infor M3 / Cognos preferred) principles, practices and procedures.
- Must possess exceptional technical skills with the ability to adapt quickly to new and emerging programs/software.
- Advanced skill set in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint); SQL & Tableau a strong plus
- Project Management skills:
- Develops project plans
- Coordinates projects
- Communicates changes and progress
- Completes projects on time
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness
- Generates suggestions for improving work
- Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention
- Problem Solving skills:
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Develops alternative solutions
- Works well in group problem solving situations
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Adapts to changes in the work environment
- Manages competing demands and effectively prioritizes
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information
- Collects and researches data
- Uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Designs workflows and procedures
- Team Player:
- Consensus building skills to support planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement
- Takes responsibility for team decisions and activities
- Makes self-available to stakeholders and teammates
- Provides regular and constructive feedback to team and leaders
- Works to develop teammates' skills and encourages growth
- Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external)
- Fosters quality focus in others
- Improves processes, products and services
- Practical experience of best practice in order fulfilment, technical service and customer services processes
- Must Commute between locations. Some travel to International vendor sites and other Acushnet sites worldwide may be required. A valid passport is required with the ability to travel internationally and domestically up to 5% a year.