This job is archived
We are looking for a strong Team Leader to oversee the day to day operation of the Machine Shop and Fabrication Operations. In this role, you will take a control safety, quality and productivity focused, team-oriented approach to problem solving and continuous improvement. The Team Leader will assist hourly associates in all activities to promote a safe and healthy work environment committed to continuous quality and efficiency improvements.
- Supervise and lead associates tasked with machining experimental and production ball mold cavities, as well as fabrication and capital projects, in support of ball plant needs, projects and initiatives.
- Supervise and oversee safety programs, compliance and documentation. Responsible for full adherence and compliance, by all associates within the facility, to insure and maintain a safe and clean working environment for the well-being of all.
- Exhibit environmental health & safety best practices
- Responsible for EHS auditing. This includes, but is not limited to, State Programs, 6S Audits, as well as Established Acushnet Company Safety Programs and Protocols.
- Execute and supervise first article, in process and final inspection, as well as product throughput, based upon documented quality control procedures and communicated delivery schedules.
- Responsible for facility start up and facility systems operations.
- Responsible for documentation, training and daily operational oversight of all machine shop equipment and hydraulic press manufacturing requirements.
- Supervise PM on all machinery and equipment to reduce downtime and machinery damage.
- Perform administrative activities, associate orientations, personnel communications, disciplinary warnings, accident reports, and performance appraisals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations Management or similar field highly preferred. Two years of manufacturing maintenance/machine shop Supervisory experience required.
In addition to the above requirements:
- Experience operating CNC mills and lathes, CMM’s, ProtoTRAK Mills and Lathes, Surface Grinders, Welding Equipment and Miscellaneous Machine Shop Equipment in support of experimental and production ball mold tooling and fabrication
- Experience overseeing manufacturing/advanced engineering projects.
- Experience in the operation and repair of Hydraulic Presses.
- Golf Ball Manufacturing Experience supporting Precision Machined Ball Mold Cavities and Tooling, Retractable Pin Injection Molding (RPIM) tooling, per dimensional and visual specifications, preferred.
- Electro-Mechanical assembly experience, preferred
- Expertise in the operation and repair of Hydraulic Presses with specific knowledge of hydraulic press die block mechanics and functionality to insure dimple pattern specification conformance.
- Working knowledge of CAM and Conversational Programming to assist machine tool operation, quality component output, optimal efficiencies and throughput is preferred.
- Full knowledge and experience in use of inspection and measuring equipment, tools and gages.
- Experience in mentoring and developing junior programmers and CNC operators.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot under high pressure.
- Ability to work shifts in a 24/7 environment.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and influence others on the team.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload.