This job is archived
Acushnet Company hiring for multiple positions, locations and shifts!
See below for positions available.
Electrical Mechanical SpecialistMultiple locations – New Bedford Summary
Reporting to Team Leader, develop skills to succeed in the Electrical Mechanical Specialist job grade for Ball ManufacturingResponsibilities
Independently troubleshoot, repair and rebuild all types of complex electrical/electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatically controlled production equipment, with proficiency and versatility.
Plan work for proper operational sequences, minimize interference, and delay of production. Perform preventive maintenance as directed by equipment schedule. Rebuild electrical mechanical devices.
Work with Engineering to design, select, modify, and/or adapt equipment or procedures to specific project requirements.
Test, Calibrate, and repair electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to establish standards, and assist in formulating calibrating standards.
Additional Responsibilities: Required to maintain work records (work orders, PM's, Materials and parts) on computerized Maintenance system. Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, vocational training preferred. Demonstrated level of formalized secondary technical education. Electro/Mechanical focused preferred. Commitment to internal TPC curriculum or approved associate degrees/college level certificates, supporting skills gap analysis.
- Successful completion of TPC educational requirements and minimum of 2 years of experience maintaining and repairing industrial equipment
- Successful completion of electrical education on AC/DC circuits & motors, Introduction to PLC's and working knowledge of mechanical systems.
- Instrumentation & controls experience desirable.
- Works well with others with strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to pass all Health Services testing requirement for this position.
Multiple locations – New Bedford
Reporting to Team Leader, successfully perform tasks as assigned in the Machine Millwright job grade for Golf Ball Manufacturing.Responsibilities
Responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing complex industrial equipment.
Assist in modification to existing machinery and equipment to facilitate new production techniques and or improved equipment reliability.
Participate in preventive and predictive maintenance practices.
Effectively work with others within the team environment to achieve team goals.
Effectively communicate with co-workers and Team Leaders, including continuous improvement activities. Perform all additional duties as assigned by Team Leader.
Independently troubleshoot, repair and rebuild all types of mechanical assemblies with proficiency and versatility. These assemblies may be manual or automatic and be inclusive with electric, pneumatic or hydraulic systems.
Perform preventative maintenance as directed by equipment schedule.
Perform basic fabrication, piping and machining.
Perform troubleshooting by having the ability to isolate and distinguish sources of problems in plant production equipment using prints, schematics, communications and operators, engineers, Team Leaders or vendors. Attend maintenance specific training sessions and classes as appropriate.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Follow manufacturing/equipment specification.
- Demonstrated mechanical skills technique.
- Perform basic math calculations.
- Use blueprints and schematics.
- Use a computer.
- Use/understand measuring devices/tolerances.
Knowledge of hydraulic and/or electrical schematics.
- Use various hand and power tools.
Learn and apply quality standards of workmanship/product.
Use machine tools such as drills, lathes, millers etc.
Additional skills and qualifications may be required according to position.
Multiple locations – New BedfordSummary
Reporting to Team Leader, maintain, replace, and service the piping of high- and low-pressure steam lines, including air, oil, water, and hydraulic lines.Responsibilities:
- Maintain, replace, and service the piping of high- and low-pressure steam lines, including air, oil, water, and hydraulic lines.
- Pipe-cut, thread, bend, place, fit, assemble, and align pipe systems.
- Troubleshoot plant machinery as assigned.
- Maintain rebuild, and repair machines and equipment. Maintain work records (work orders, PM’s, materials and parts) on computerized Maintenance System.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support CMMS System to track parts, time and equipment history.
- 3 years’ experience in industrial piping.
- Demonstrated ability to design, pipe-cut, thread, bend, place, fit, assemble, and align pipe systems from verbal instruction or blueprints
- Demonstrated ability to maintain, rebuild, troubleshoot, and repair machinery.
- Demonstrated ability to fabricate and weld equipment and parts.
- Demonstrated ability to replace, and service the piping of high- and low-pressure steam lines, air, oil, water, hydraulic lines
- Ability to repair and rebuild valves
- Years of service, attendance and disciplinary history will be taken into consideration
- Must pass all Health Services testing requirements for this position
Service Equipment MechanicMultiple locations – New Bedford Summary
Reporting to Team Leader, monitor and maintain the Building Management SystemsResponsibilities
Monitor and maintain the Building Management System, including but not limited to the hot water heating systems, cooling and air conditioning, process refrigeration systems, fire protection sprinkler systems, compressed air and hydraulic systems to ensure that the facility systems are operating within the specified guidelines and to notify Team Leaders when out of specification conditions exist.
To document preventative maintenance on facility related equipment using our computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
Maintain parts inventory and work orders by utilizing our CMMS.
Calibrate monitoring equipment to ensure system accuracy.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Building Services including HVAC with chilled water, Desiccant and Direct Expansion (DX) is required.
Must obtain a universal refrigeration license.
Must have pneumatic experience.
Required to have own trade related tools to perform required tasks.
Must possess a thorough knowledge of mechanical related production equipment. A Fireman's license preferred, but not required as is a Certification as a Wastewater Treatment.
Must have knowledge of pumping systems, basic safety systems (lockout/tagout, confined space).
Must also have demonstrated windows-based computer skills. Must work well with others and have communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of HVAC
Use blueprints and schematics
Knowledge of plumbing and piping
Must be willing to obtain forklift pallet-jack and/or man-lift license