NB Pro Shop is located at North Berwick Golf Club adjacent to the 1st tee. PGA Professional Martyn Huish succeeded his father in 2009 and has seen the shop into its fifth decade as a Huish family business. The shop underwent a full refurbishment in 2014 with considerable investment from Martyn and the Club to provide all Members and Visitors with a first-class experience. The success of this development was quickly recognised, and they were awarded the TGI Golf ‘Pro Shop of the Year’.
NB Pro Shop is currently looking for an enthusiastic Retail Supervisor to join their team.
This is a fast pace and rewarding role, working as part of the retail team at this busy Professional Shop at North Berwick West Links. Assisting the Head Professional to equip the team to deliver ‘best in class’ customer service is at the heart of the role whilst managing the overall sales performance of the business.
This position will include ensuring that merchandising standards within the shop are high and that products are displayed to the best of their ability. A passion for the game of golf is highly desirable as we are serving passionate golfers who are either members or visiting us from around the world.
What we are looking for:
You will be responsible for the following:
- Support and assist the Pro Shop team to deliver an incredible customer experience to both golf club members and visitors to the Pro Shop.
- Motivate and encourage the Pro Shop team to achieve KPIs in both sales and service.
- Instil a sense of ownership and responsibility in every team member, encouraging them to contribute to ensure that Shop standards and visual merchandising is always of the highest quality.
- Product training to ensure the team are giving the customers the best information.
- Management of stock, stock rotation and inventory control processes to give accurate and consistent levels to maximise sales and ensure correct reporting.
- Training and Coaching the Pro Shop team to help with their development.
- Proactive in introducing promotions and initiatives to promote products within the Pro Shop.
- Manage the social media channels associated with the Pro Shop.
- Assisting the PGA Head Professional with purchasing stock and inventory for the Pro Shop including equipment, apparel, and accessories.
Who we are looking for:
Skills and experience you will need for this role:
- Passion for the game of golf
- Knowledge/Experience in good visual merchandising
- Experience of using an EPOS till system
- Social Media marketing skills
- Minimum 3 years retail management experience
- Sales and KPI experience
- Good communication skills
- People person