£24,000 - £26,000 per annum (On-target earnings)
What makes a career at American Golf like no other? Working in retail as an American Golf Assistant Manager really is unlike any other retail job. Here at American Golf our teams are unique, consisting of people that are passionate about our products and dedicated to providing the best possible service to our customers. Our colleagues are specialists at what they do, not just advising on the best products to match our customers' needs but also providing practical solutions to help improve their game.
As part of International Leisure Group, American Golf is Europe’s largest golf retailer with 95 stores across the UK and Ireland and we’re still growing with the continued acquisition and development of our state-of-the-art leisure and golf complexes.
When you join American Golf, you’ll be provided with the product knowledge and skills training you need to provide our customers with a service that exceeds their expectations and keeps them coming back! You will learn how to demonstrate and discuss our products, as well as the practical aspects of our custom fit service. If you can demonstrate experience adapting your approach in a customer-focused sales environment, we can help you with the rest.
To Be Successful in This Role You Will Need
- To motivate and encourage your team to achieve KPI's through your passion and enthusiasm
- Lead your team in providing outstanding customer service
- Create an exciting environment, drive sales and maximise profit
- Drive company initiatives and continually reinforce the customer proposition with the team
- Be an effective communicator
- Effectively delegate tasks, encourage individuals to develop and increase their knowledge ensuring a multi skilled team
- Manage team performance, identify and promote good performance and effectively deal with under-performance
- Take ownership of the recruitment for your team.
- A competitive salary with an uncapped commission scheme and performance related bonus
- 29 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- An extra day off to celebrate your birthday!
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Employee discount for you, your family and your friends
- Company incentives
- Professional qualification & subscription support
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Other fantastic benefits include Reward scheme, Denplan, Cycle to work and more.
We care about our colleagues just as much as we care about our customers, so if you’re looking ahead and want to develop into retail management or work at our Retail Support Centre, we can help you fulfil your potential.
We value people as individuals with diverse opinions, cultures, lifestyles and circumstances. We are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our colleagues and preventing unlawful discrimination.
We aim for our workforce to be representative of our customers and wider society, and for each employee to feel respected and have opportunities to give their best. Job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.