This job is archived
Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
This job is responsible for promoting Callaway Golf and our products to PGA Tour players, while assisting in player development amongst the best players in the world. Incumbent is also responsible for club fitting, support with golf equipment, and player analytics.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all Callaway assigned product promotion and communication on the PGA Tour.
- Learn and implement specific product fitting techniques and styles for maximum effectiveness with the greatest efficiency. Works closely with Callaway R&D to learn all aspects of product specification, customization, and provide detailed feedback with data to support future product designs.
- Forecasts usage, controls inventories, orders stock product for maximized efficiencies.
- Responsible for no-charge usage of all assigned products.
- Maintains thorough records of all assigned product activity with players.
- Intimately knowledgeable about all competitor assigned products and programs on the PGA Tour.
- Communicates all pertinent progress and information to the report writer for inclusion in the weekly PGA Tour status report.
- Responsible for effective and thorough communication within the PGA Team relaying all pertinent information necessary to create the highest quality and professional Tour Service Team in the business.
- Ability to increase Callaway product counts and usage on the PGA Tour.
- Provide expert advice and recommendations to professionals on club specifications, features and benefits, and assists with club fitting/club building.
- Place orders for customized golf equipment for professionals, ensure timely delivery of equipment, and follow-up with players to determine satisfaction with equipment.
- Develop successful relationships with professionals, instructors, caddies, agents, media and Tour officials.
- Report important information from the Tour to Sports Marketing management including feedback on product performance, competitor&rsquos products, and other important information.
- Scout upcoming opportunities with players for future consideration.
- Work on specific assignments as determined by management.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Extreme professionalism representing company and players
- Excellent golf knowledge and skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and influencing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly proactive and competitive
- Highly accurate and attention to detail
- Expert golf club fitting skills and basic club building skills
- Expert knowledge of launch monitors and preferably Trackman certified
- Expert knowledge of golf equipment
- Expert knowledge of popularly used shafts and other components
- Excellent problem-solving skills to utilize as issues arise in the field
- Excellent motivational skills
- Highly responsible in unsupervised environments
- Ability to work in a team environment with other tour representatives in a positive, collaborative manner
- Ability to use Microsoft Office with heavy focus on Excel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required Bachelor&rsquos degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the golf industry
- Expert golf club fitting skills and basic club building experience required
- Competitive playing background preferred
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.