This job is archived
Award winning 18-hole Jeff Brauer design course boasts some of the most challenges holes in golf. The 16th green mirrors the famous 17th hole at St. Andrews. Other features of the course include “Redan” on Hole 13, and other holes from famous courses.
The Head Golf Pro is instrumental in developing and/or implementing strategies, golf events and golf programs designed to improve the Club’s products and services as well as its competitive position in the marketplace. The Head Golf Pro oversees all golf shop and outside services operations and is responsible for ensuring that all guests receive outstanding customer service, which meets or exceeds their expectations. Additionally, he/she is accountable for achieving budgeted financial goals relative to the operations for which he/she is responsible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement applicable Company operating, human resources, and safety policies and procedures pertaining to the golf shop and outside services groups.
- Plan and schedule work duties of department personnel. Monitor performance to ensure customer service standards and productivity goals are achieved. Keep overtime hours to a minimum.
- Oversee daily operating activities including opening, closing and securing the golf shop and storage buildings; managing daily cash flow to ensure cash/credit card charges balance with sales receipts; monitoring staff interaction with guests to ensure proper customer service; maintaining clean, presentable and fully stocked merchandise displays; ensuring that the golf shop, storage areas, cart shed, and grounds are maintained to applicable appearance standards;
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of operating and capital budgets. Provide assistance with financial forecasts and analyzing budget variances.
- Oversee merchandising operations including ensuring that merchandise orders are recorded with proper quantities and prices and participating in monthly inventories. Be fully knowledgeable of golf shop merchandise, participate in selling merchandise and/or provide suggestions to patrons as appropriate to meet their needs.
- Design and implement sales incentive programs for golf shop staff. Monitor results and recommend modifications to achieve budgeted retail sales goals.
- Track types and quantity of golf rounds played. Monitor customer preferences, usage patterns, and satisfaction with Company products and services. Assess the quality of internal and/or external customer service and speed of play. Recommend plans for continued improvement.
- Interact with guests in a congenial and professional manner. Maintain pleasant and professional telephone manner at all times. Schedule tee times and handle customer inquiries and/or complaints in accordance with operating policies and procedures. Ensure all phone calls are handled before the third ring.
- Plan and conduct individual and group lesson programs and golf clinics.
- Work with golf associations and other groups to schedule tournaments and group outings. Ensure organization and efficient operation and coordination of golf shop, cart service and food & beverage activities.
- Ensure that ancillary services including, but not limited to, the handicapping system, guest programs and driving range facilities are efficiently organized and meet customer needs.
- Represent the Company in meetings and/or presentations with various clients, municipalities, and other outside agencies. Participate in due-diligence site visits and provide market analysis for various projects, when requested.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary reports.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to golf industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- BA / BS degree, preferred.
- PGA or LPGA Class A credentials
- Min 3 years management experience, preferably in the golf or hospitality industry.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of fiscal management and staff management. Retailing, marketing, and/or sales and customer service, guest relations experience preferred.
- Proficiency with computer software including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Golf shop staff, outside services, starters, rangers
Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt
KemperSports Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer