PING Golf is looking for a Research Scientist with a strong passion for developing and extracting insights from computational/analytic models, large data sets, and experiments which would drive club research and design. They should have a strong enthusiasm for empirical research and answering relevant questions with models and data. The role is positioned within the Golf Science department, who are responsible extending PING’s knowledge of understanding of the governing principles and physics that influence golf club performance.
At PING, our people are our greatest asset. By placing our people in roles that support their passions and strengths, they will thrive in their efforts to continuously deliver the best golf equipment in the world. The fundamental core value within PING Engineering is knowledge. Every team member contributes to our world-class knowledge capture system as the means by which we deliver performance driven innovation that differentiates us from our competitors and provides enhanced value to our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the Innovation and Design groups to create design optimizations based on cutting edge, evidenced-based mathematical and physics models
- Further develop analytic and computational models that predict performance and capture the physics governing the behavior of equipment and the athlete
- Create tools and visualizations that help the engineering team process, understand, and apply experimental or simulated results
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of any data used for analysis
- Design and implement experiments to test various hypotheses
- Research new algorithms, languages, packages, and statistical tools to enhance the overall productivity of the engineering team
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (approximately 10-20%)
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science, plus two years related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree preferred
- Robust understanding of fundamental engineering and physics principles that govern golf club performance
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, predictive analysis, design of experiments, and machine learning
- Strong data analysis skills and mathematical statistical tool proficiency (R, SAS, Matlab, etc.). Excellence in at least one of these tools is highly desirable
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Expert with PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and concise manner
*PING is a tobacco free company. Only non-tobacco users should apply.Qualifications Education
Bachelors or better in Mathematics or related field.Experience
2 years: Related experience
To apply to this role please click APPLY now.