About Golf Ireland:
An exciting job opportunity has arisen within Golf Ireland, and we are now seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to lead the implementation of the Women in Golf Strategy within Golf Ireland. The key elements of the role, including the skills and attributes that Golf Ireland is looking for in the successful candidate, are set out below.
In January 2021, Golf Ireland was established as the new single governing body for golf on the island of Ireland, taking over from the GUI and ILGU. It is now the single governing body for golf on the island of Ireland, which was overwhelmingly approved by the affiliate Clubs of the ILGU and GUI in January of 2019.
Based in Carton Demesne near Maynooth, Golf Ireland is a non-profit company, limited by guarantee, and is responsible for leading, growing and supporting the game of golf on the island of Ireland. The Board of Golf Ireland is made up of 13 volunteer Directors supported by an Executive team and a suite of sub-committees.
Four Regional Executive Committees, one in each of the Provinces of Ireland, are responsible for the delivery of local operations.
The primary functions of Golf Ireland include the administration of Championships and InterClub events, the administration of the World Handicap System and the Rules of Golf and Amateur Status, the delivery of a World-class High Performance Programme, contesting and hosting International Fixtures, Supporting Clubs and Growing the Game.
Golf Ireland seeks a Women in Golf Manager to lead a range of initiatives and programmes to develop the expansion gender equality and support Golf Clubs in accordance with approved strategic and operational plans This role requires a great communicator and has the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
About the Role:
• Input to the Women & Girl's implementation plan for Golf Ireland.
• Lead and co-ordinate the LevelPar activity under the participation, coaching & governance pillars.
• Lead and co-ordinate Golf Ireland's leadership programme.
• Work with the Digital and Social Media Manager on a Women & Girls communication plan & a plan to increase visibility of women & girls throughout documents and other content.
• Monitor & review the relevant LevelPar pillars, highlight what is working well and areas of improvement.
• Lead the R&A Women in Golf Charter signatory process with the support of the Development & Club Support Officers.
• Lead the agreed Governance process with Golf Clubs interested in improving the equality governance principle.
• Seek out good practice within Golf Clubs and work with the Digital and Social Media Manager to raise awareness of such practice.
• Build strong relationship with the Home Unions, Local Sports Partnerships (LSP’s)/Local Authorities (NI) & Sport Ireland Women & Girls Manager.
• Identify, organise and promote appropriate training opportunities that support the development of female participation/leadership in line with Golfs Women & Girls Strategy.
• Represent Golf Ireland at relevant Sport Ireland, Sport NI & R&A meetings.
• Support other departments where required.
• A commitment to Golf Ireland’s values and culture of inclusion, equality and diversity.
• Experience in working with sporting, volunteer and committee organisations.
• Stakeholder management - organisational abilities with the ability to achieve a collaborative approach across a range of internal and external stakeholders.
• Budget management skills.
• Operational and project management skills with the ability to adapt to frequent changes in workload and prioritise work accordingly.
• Excellent communications and influencing skills and a confident public speaker.
• Good level of proficiency in MS Office skills, e.g. Word, Power Point and Excel
• Willingness to work flexible hours.
• The post holder must have a full current Driving License.
• Knowledge of golf, its structures and development.
Note: This role by its nature will evolve and the postholder may be required to undertake duties not specifically outlined in this Job Description.
The package will include a competitive salary range relevant with qualifications, skills and
experience and will include mobile phone and laptop for business use.
To apply to this role please click APPLY now.