England Golf are seeking applications for one contractor position in the performance team as a regional coach for the U18 girls in the South East region. Each regional squad will comprise of players chosen at assessment days and will generally be for players under 18 years of age. The South East region consists of the county associations of Kent and Sussex.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of the regional coach role is to deliver the relevant parts of the England Golf performance strategy related to winning golfers. We manage a performance pathway which aims to produce the best amateur golfers in the world. The main focus of the role will be to develop sound basics, technical competency, performance skills and an excellent short game in all regional players.
The role is based on 30 days of coaching annually with attendance at the England Golf coach education days and any relevant team meetings.
The successful person requires the following experience and knowledge:
- PGA qualified golf coach, working towards the highest levels of coach education qualifications
- To have shown a significant commitment to Continued Professional Development (CPD) and can evidence a comprehensive attendance record
- Several years of experience working with elite age group level golfers in a performance environment
- Access to, and experienced use of, a range of coaching equipment relevant to the development of elite level performers
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Enthusiastic, personable and competitive
England Golf Safeguarding and Protecting Children Requirements
This role has been identified as involving access to vulnerable adults and/or children and, in line with England Golf policy, persons undertaking this role will be required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service Disclosure Check and must also have attended a Safeguarding and Protecting Children course (SPC) or be willing to undertake one.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 2 June 2021
Interviews will take place in two parts:
- Formal interviews will be held on Thursday 17 June 2021 via video call (Microsoft Teams)
- A practical session will be held on Monday 21 June 2021 at a South East venue, to be confirmed closer to the date
It is envisaged that the successful candidate will commence the role on 1 September 2021.
To apply to this role click APPLY now.