Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Product Marketing Manager – Callaway Irons & Hybrids plans, develops, and implements marketing and communication programs for assigned product categories. Incumbent designs and executes effective marketing programs to create demand, as well as maximize market share and sell through. Develops ideas and programs for product launches to generate buzz and maximize product exposure. Incumbent serves as the “product champion” for each of their assigned product categories.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain the long-range product plan for assigned categories in conjunction with executive management
- Champion the ‘Go-to-Market’ launch plans for each key product category including:
- Product technical positioning, and marketing message efforts for each product
- Manage and develop all consumer facing marketing messaging, content, and materials to support product line throughout product lifecycle
- Create Product Marketing Briefs for key sales and marketing teams on product positioning and key technologies
- Ensure all assets are distributed in a strategic and timely manner to support product launches
- Develop and maintain the sales cycle cadence for each SKU throughout the life of the product
- Responsible for: Pre-line dates, tour launch date, sales intro date, marketing press release date, PAR date, promo plans
- Partner with R&D, Program Management and Sales to develop products and bring them to market, providing input on components, pricing, margins and branding. May play different role by product assigned from leading to supporting
- Maintain detailed Market Share data for assigned product categories, and seek market growth opportunities
- Understand and communicate key competitive insights regarding product, performance, and marketing
- Present the product line and key product stories as needed with marketing, sales, customers, consumers, and media partners
- Develops content and marketing ideas for assigned product lines and works closely with Callaway Media Productions team to execute
- Assist with creation of sales meeting and Pre-Line materials to include binder pages, slides and training documents
- Other duties as assigned
- Deep understanding of product and marketing of consumer goods.
- Strong organization skills with high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills – both verbally and written and be able to relate to all level of employees and customers.
- Deep golf product knowledge and passion to keep learning about product technical features, specifications and offerings.
- Strategic thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage detailed project plans with accuracy.
- Ability to analyze data/trends to make informed recommendations and decisions.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. MBA a plus.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in marketing / communications or related experience preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of golf equipment and passion for the sport required.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.