Essential Functions of the Job
- Monitors printed publications, online news portals and social media for all reported information relating to Augusta National, the Masters Tournament, Masters Tournament Foundation initiatives and other relevant topics within golf and sports.
- Assist with the Club’s news clipping service and distributes relevant articles to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Drafts content, proofreads, edits and fact-checks news releases and publications, including Masters Media Guide, Masters Journal, Masters Annual and other Tournament publications.
- Works directly with Manager of Communications to aid in all elements of Tournament preparation and pre-Tournament operational planning, including all Press Building installations and management.
- Provides relevant marketing and communications support to all of the Masters Tournament Foundation’s golf development initiatives, including the Augusta National Women’s Amateur, Drive, Chip and Putt, Latin America Amateur Championship and Asia-Pacific Amateur Championship.
- Provides editorial support on all internal and employee communications.
- Supports the efforts of the Masters Digital team, which produces all content (written word, photography, V.O.D., social media) for the Tournament’s various online platforms.
- Provides assistance to the Club Historian on assigned historical projects.
- Assists in research to answer requests for information from internal and external sources.
- Attends department meetings, creates meeting reports and tracks action items from those meetings.
- Completes projects as assigned by the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Accompanies members of the media and other guests approved to visit specific locations on the property.
- Receives and directs phone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Performs other duties that are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job.
Qualifications (required unless stated otherwise):
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Power Point); Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop) experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and high workloads with high attention for detail.
- Efficient organizational skills.
- Creative, resourceful and diligent in working with repetitious tasks.
- Thorough knowledge of golf, Augusta National and the Masters Tournament preferred.
- Currently enrolled or a recent graduate in an accredited college or university with junior or senior class standing in a Bachelors program, preferably in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or Business/Sports Administration.
- Experience in sports information/administration, media relations, communications or journalism is preferred
- Possess a valid driver’s license and/or successfully completes the Club’s internal motor vehicle training program