American Golf is Europe's largest golf retailer with over 95 stores across the UK and Ireland. We recognise talent. For us, it’s all about loving what you do, whilst a passion for golf will be well received, it is more about the service and expertise we deliver as a business.
This role is responsible for the development and execution of the businesses digital marketing strategy. Part of the Digital team you will be the Digital Marketing expert in the business and authority in this area. You will assist, support and drive the business in the achievement of its growth targets, across domestic and international markets, through the planning, and flawless execution, of best-in-class digital campaigns and activities.
Digital Marketing Strategy
- In line with broader business and Digital strategy, develop the digital marketing strategy for the omnichannel retailer.
- Understand the dynamics of the golf market, in particular the online sector.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer, their needs and online behaviour.
- Translate this strategy into annual digital marketing plans across all channels, ensuring full integration with trading, offline and brand building activities.
- Understand the size and dynamics of the online market, media choice and marketing technology to optimise profitable growth.
- Performance Digital Marketing and Customer Acquisition
- Accountable for KPI’s, including the delivery of the eCommerce revenue number, advertising cost and customer acquisition via digital channels.
- Accountable for the management of all acquisition digital marketing including Paid Search, Shopping, SEO, Digital Display/Programmatic, Paid Social Media and Affiliate Marketing.
- Responsible for the implementation of new digital marketing channels and opportunities.
- Responsible for driving the implementation and adoption of a Multi-Touch Attribution solution.
- Scrutinise digital marketing performance to identify opportunities and inefficiencies.
Campaign planning and execution
- Align marketing activities to the wider omnichannel marketing plan and online trading activities.
- In line with the broader marketing strategy, and set a digital strategy, build annual and seasonal campaign plans.
- Create, deliver and optimise digital campaigns across multiple channels and platforms to deliver strong commercial results.
- Devise the best channel and activity mix for each country based on customer understanding, targets and objectives.
- Outline and deliver an effective CRM plan, building best in class email programmes.
- Owns traffic driving and customer acquisition activity.
- Work closely with the brand team on the broader content strategy for the site
- Ensure all activity is executed on time and to budget
- React to trading opportunities and challenges with swift, commercially viable solutions.
- Utilise analytics to optimise plans and track performance. Team & Agency Management.
- Effectively appraise and manage team and digital marketing agency partner performance to ensure effective marketing performance and optimal commercial outcomes.
- Recruit and manage a high functioning Digital Marketing team, respected throughout the business.
- Set objectives, performance reviews and progression plans.
- Positively support other areas of the team and workloads where required to meet business and team objectives.
- Identify and on-board suitable partners as required
- Support the development of the eCommerce revenue budget
- Produce, own and track the investment budget for digital marketing campaigns and activities.
- Champion understanding of digital marketing attribution and customer acquisition performance in the business.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Proven Ability or Role Specific
- 5 years+ experience of delivering effective digital plans in an international multi-channel or eCommerce-led retail organization
- Highly analytical and experienced at using Google Analytics or equivalent analytical software.
- Hands-on experience creating, delivering and optimizing paid campaigns against KPI targets such as ROI/ROAS.
- Experience with analysing campaign results of digital actively in multiple attribution models to drive channel incrementality.
- Proven track record of delivering successful, profitable growth driving digital strategies.
- Understanding of cookies, tagging, attribution, tracking parameters and any technologies that facilitate effective digital marketing.
- Extensive practical experience across the full channel mix, including but not limited to PPC, display (prospecting & retargeting), paid social, affiliate marketing, SEO.
- Business, marketing or digital marketing degree/qualification preferred.
- Brand sensitive and customer centric
- Commercially aware of the workings of an online retail business
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work collaboratively with
- Good communication skills, a proactive approach and a “can-do” attitude.
What will you receive:
- 25 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- A day off to celebrate your Birthday!
- 25% staff discount
- Company bonus applicable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Europe's Largest golf retailer and support our ongoing growth as a market leader. If you are interested in this position apply today!