American Golf is Europe's largest golf retailer with over 95 stores across the UK and Ireland. We recognise talent. For us, it’s all about loving what you do, whilst a passion for golf will be well received, it is more about the service and expertise we deliver as a business.
This role is within the Retail Operations team at our Retail Support Centre in Warrington and reports to the Operations Manager.
The Logistics Analyst will provide analytical support, forecasting and reporting and will manage daily logistics issues within our business. The individual will also be required to help identify opportunities to improve the logistics operations, support the development and implementation of solutions and work with the relevant teams to sustain improvements.
The ideal candidate will have intermediate to advanced experience in a logistics retail environment with strong analytical and relationship building skills.
As a Logistics and Fulfilment Analyst your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with colleagues and external partners to improve efficiency, productivity and processes.
- Work effectively within a dynamic team, always demonstrating integrity and respect for others.
- Be adaptable and flexible in support of the team and the needs of the business.
- Ability to establish, maintain and develop relationships with other departments.
- Assess current supply chain performance; help surface improvement opportunities that can deliver value by making the logistics operations more effective, efficient, and well controlled.
- Review improvement opportunities and assess business impact; help prioritise opportunities and support the development of actions plans.
- Handle logistics issues such as emergency orders, arranging reprocessing and special events.
- Support the logistics team and wider business by providing quality and timely information and forecasts.
- Support the logistics team and wider business in all tasks and projects assigned to you
- Monitor and collect data on various logistics functions.
- Investigate discrepancies and monitor service levels.
- Support creating operational budgets and monitoring warehouse costs.
- Have a good awareness of logistics operation’s performance and targets.
- Design new business processes and procedures and draft policies and controls.
As a Logistics and Fulfilment Analyst you will ideally have:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills: Vlookups, pivot tables, analysing large sets of data, cleaning data.
- Proven experience in logistics, planning, warehousing and retail.
- Being a fast learner who is computer literate: Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Metapack would be advantageous.
- Very organised and process-driven.
- Very strong analytical skills and detail orientated.
- An enthusiastic and positive person with a strong work ethic
- Teamwork and strong communication skills.
What will you receive:
- 22 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- A day off to celebrate your Birthday!
- 25% staff discount
- Company bonus applicable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Europe's Largest golf retailer and support our on-going growth as a market leader. If you are interested in this position apply today!