The primary role of the Lifeguard is to ensure the safety and well-being of Topgolf pool guests.Key Responsibilities
- Ensures the overall safety of guests in pool area.
- Provides constant visual surveillance of pool and surrounding area.
- Provides proper rescue skills as necessary.
- Rescues swimmers in danger of drowning.
- Administers First Aid.
- Cautions swimmers regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards; enforces and adheres to pool rules and regulations.
- Completes required paperwork.
- Attends all scheduled training sessions and meetings and be prepared to practice swim and rescue skills.
- Follows all designated emergency procedures and understands duties in the event an emergency arises.
- Helps maintain all lounge chairs on deck according to emergency guideline (i.e. fire and EMS personnel) and properly handles them to minimize damage due to heavy use.
- Monitors pool area and is responsible for the availability and safekeeping of emergency equipment, and reports any problems to the Manager on Duty.
- Remains visible to Topgolf guests unless on an assigned break and follows assigned rotation.
- Incumbent must complete and maintain all training and certifications required by the Southern Nevada Health District for the position of Lifeguard. Incumbent must be prepared to provide documentation of certification at all times when on TGLV premises.
- Proof of Current Lifeguard Certification from a Red Cross Advanced Lifesaving Course (or the equivalent). Effective certification status must be maintained while in role.
- Current certification in First Aid, CPR and utilization of AED. Effective certification status in First Aid, CPR, and utilization of AED must be maintained while in role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Southern Nevada Health District regulations.
- Attend ongoing and/or additional training, as requested by Topgolf.
ADDITIONAL ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- 1+ year(s) of experience as a lifeguard at an adult pool.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions for extended periods of time (to include temperatures of 100+ degrees).
- Availability to work varied shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication and problem solving skills.
- Must present a pleasant and professional appearance that customers will find appealing and easy to approach in order to initiate and engage in conversation.
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke, strong chemicals and odors.
- Bend, stoop, crouch, crawl, reach, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Physical ability to maneuver up and down stairs.
- Respond to visual and aural clues.
- Must be able to work in an environment with a high noise level.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.