Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
NorthRiver Yacht Club in Tuscaloosa, AL is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of full-time Director of Fitness. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Responsible for the planning, programming and implementation of all fitness and swim activities to make individual and group instruction, programming, wellness and nutrition.
• Responsible for the financial management of the department to include fitness and swim.
• Responsible for the programming of all activities throughout the department, including group and individual instruction and programming.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Manages department members and independent contractors
• Responsible for managing the overall maintenance and cleanliness of all facets within this department, to include pool and tennis.
• Member of the managing committee that operates the overall club.
• Responsible for the management of all outside contractors that participate in spa services.
• Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
• Communicates any changes or new policies and procedures to the department.
• Conducts staff meetings with subordinates on a regular basis.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Associate’s degree (AA) in Physical Education or related field; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• National Certificate for Aerobic Instruction. AED, CPR and First Aid.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
• Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job
• Experience and exposure with wide variety of exercise equipment, instructional techniques, injury prevention, fitness/wellness counseling, and developing/interpreting personalized fitness/wellness regimens.
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Strategic solutions for today’s golf businesses. Troon started as one facility in 1990 and has since grown to become the world’s largest professional club management company. We provide services to 595+ locations and 645+ golf courses, while also managing various amenities, such as tennis, aquatics, fitness, food & beverage, lodging and more. We have grown our company by listenin...