Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Associate Engineer for Measurement Systems, working with other department members, will be responsible for creating and proof of inspection programs and datasets for suppliers at the beginning of a program for new tool verification as well as part verification programs for all products. Working with suppliers and In house Engineers on communicating changes and revisions throughout this process. Also will be assisting with technical drawings, and documentation including tolerances for suppliers for all components, and in gauge development for programs for various measurements and communicating changes with other team members.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead initial CAD/programming updates with suppliers, including proof of program and release
- Work within company systems for documentation, communication, and work routing.
- Participate in project teams, using process knowledge, performance knowledge, and other analysis to recommend design strategies.
- Pro-actively interface with the Global Engineering Group on issues related to programming and gauge needs
- Act as a liaison with external suppliers, internal prototype labs, and internal testing labs.
- Maintain awareness of other R&D projects and contribute as necessary.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Assist with additional testing and prove out of programs with specific test equipment.
- Assist with Technical drawings and gauge creation
- Run various test and measurements to support any additional departmental needs
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Knowledge and experience utilizing engineering fundamentals and testing methods.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, required.
- Experience preferred with Siemens NX or equivalent CAD program.
- Knowledge of Polyworks 3D software or equivalent
- Knowledge of GD&T fundamentals and technical drawings
- Basic experience with Siemens TCUA or equivalent PLM system.
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma methods, statistical analysis, Minitab or equivalent.
- Understanding and interest in the game of golf is preferred.
- Previous experience in golf industry helpful.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Math, Physics, Statistics or equivalent required.
- 0 to 2 years related experience.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer