We’re looking for a Web Developer who is passionate about building the future of digital content and commerce within the TaylorMade digital team. This is primarily a front-end web development role to support the development and roll out of our e-commerce platform, digital content, and micro web-applications. This position will work closely with the marketing team, design team, and the rest of the e-commerce team to maintain existing and deliver new experiences to our visitors.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Transform mockups from design team into functional web pages and components
- Ensure solutions optimized for all operating systems, browsers, and devices including mobile and tablet
- Maintain consistency through established frameworks and style guides.
- Write clean, maintainable code. Responsible for break/fix support and issue resolution. Work closely with internal and/or external resources to resolve any issues with the sites
- Develop templates for use within our e-commerce (Demandware / Salesforce Commerce Cloud) and content management system (Twig-based templating)
- Identify opportunities to improve the overall experience on the web site
- Perform other responsibilities as required
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to write, proofread and edit with proficiency and accuracy.
- Strong understanding of modern mobile-first front-end web development
- Experience with an E-commerce platform (ideally Salesforce Commerce Cloud)
- Strong knowledge of CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap/Material/Tailwind along with pre-processors such as Sass, PostCSS, etc.
- Experience consuming REST APIs via JS, and integrations of 3rd party services such as tracking and analytic tools
- Experience with templating languages such as Twig, Blade, Freemarker, ISML, etc.
- Experience supporting web content development within Craft CMS, WordPress, Laravel, Yii, Symfony, or other open-source Content Management Systems/PHP Frameworks
- Ability to use, configure and diagnose problems with Node, NPM & Webpack
- Working knowledge of Git source control and Git flow processes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A team player who can work independently but communicates often
- Must be comfortable working independently from start to finish against deadlines
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum project management environment
- Passion for golf and/or sport
Education, Work Experience, and Professional Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience as a front-end/web developer
- 1+ years’ experience working in e-commerce
Work Environment / Physical Requirements:
- Office environment, heavy computer use
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach.
TaylorMade Golf Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation.