Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
Under general supervision, the Software Engineer will be responsible for moderately complex development projects, maintaining existing code and ensuring software development standards are followed.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement creative software solutions to meet moderately complex global business requirements crossing multiple platforms in a timely and efficient manner.
- Communicate status of projects and initiatives to senior team members.
- Thorough unit and integration test solutions.
- Develop prototypes to validate process improvements and communication of initial requirements.
- Follow technical standards to make solutions consistent and easier to support.
- Create and/or capture business requirements, unit testing, validation testing, and support documentation for solutions.
- Support multiple projects/solutions for multiple business area requestors.
- Provide fact based and accurate task effort estimates to management.
- Collaborate with business unit partners to assist with identification of business needs and requirements.
- Review weekly activities with senior team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated experience with the following technologies:
- Visual Studio 2019 including: C# and Xamarin
- Azure Devops
- Azure Mobile App Services
- UI/UX Development
- Working knowledge of the following technologies:
- Bluetooth/WiFi communication
- SOAP, XML, REST
- Familiarity with source control methods and procedures i.e. code branching and merging, parallel development.
- Able to support multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and delivering results.
- Able to support moderately complex in-house custom applications.
- Working knowledge of eBusiness development tools and technologies, Microsoft enterprise development tools and platforms, and techniques for integrating enterprise level systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of database modeling, design, and development with emphasis on normalization and associated performance trade-offs.
- Able to gather and analyze business requirements and translate those into moderately complex functional, efficient and effective technical solutions.
- Able to understand and consider business vision, processes, metrics, and objectives when developing solutions.
- Some cross-functional project support required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor&rsquos degree in computer science or related degree, or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 3 years software engineering experience required, including working with a development team.
- Some cross-functional project support experience preferred.
- Relevant professional certifications a plus.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.