Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Product Developer for OGIO Global Accessories will work directly with Asia suppliers to develop and leverage key relationships to support efficient workflow and drive soft goods material forward. The Developer is responsible for executing the product development process for the OGIO soft goods and accessories products. Incumbent will coordinate the process internally and externally from the initial product concept meetings, creation of the design briefs and reviews, production sampling, and into finished product at the manufacturer. The accessory product lines include lifestyle and travel gear, as well as accessory collections across corporate brands on a global basis.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In conjunction with Product Development Manager, transform accessory design concepts and briefs to finished plans using knowledge of customer preferences, product and consumer trending, product functionality and materials characteristics.
- Working with Lead Product Designer, translate critical features and trends in working designs and tech packs for suppliers. Review and negotiate specific details during the sampling process related to design specifications.
- Work closely with the Program Director to maintain product development schedule, timelines and line plans.
- Conduct competitor and market research specific to the products and brand and provide recommendations for design, IP, feature/cost benefit, reason to buy.
- Facilitate communication with regional subsidiaries to ensure timely development calendar and development progress updates.
- Attend various brand related exhibitions/seminars to support and identify Accessory design strategy.
- Manage product suppliers for each category establishing and enforcing criteria for design, manufacturing and delivery execution while working with the Quality/Engineering function to ensure quality standards are met.
- Manage, coordinate and maintain relevant fabric, trim, and sample library.
- Visit accessories manufacturers to oversee sampling and request material, engineering, quality and timeline changes as needed to meet product line plans and customer satisfaction of finished product.
- Manage salesman sampling, literature and catalog development for successful GTM strategy.
- Work with Design Ops functions and Marketing Director to ensure all related packaging, hang tags and sales materials are completed and that photo shoot samples are delivered on time for scheduled photo shoot.
- Work with the Quality Engineering to ensure proper material and durability testing is completed.
- Manage style costing and analyze all prototype costing to ensure consumption, material costs and BOMs are accurate and meet margin objectives.
- Support company margin goals through materials, trims & construction.
- Offer suggestions and cost savings options where applicable to drive cost engineering into target price points.
- Track fabric, lab dips, strike offs, trim development requests and all related approval needs.
- Develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with design and merchandising, in regard to changes, discrepancies, approvals, etc.
- Review tech packs prior to issuance to factory ensuring accuracy.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational and Project Management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to represent the company to all levels of internal management and external suppliers/vendors in a professional manner.
- Thorough knowledge of golf accessories category technologies and general manufacturing principles.
- General knowledge of quality assurance methods.
- Solid knowledge of consumer fashion motivation as it relates to the golfing population with a strong understanding of product and materials.
- Close attention to detail.
- Able to work with other departments within the company related to the function of the accessory business.
- Able to manage multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and Illustrator.
- Qualifications - experience w/ PLM, preferably Centric
- Qualification - Knowledge of pack and luggage product construction and materials. Sewing assembly knowledge a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 4 years of product design and/or development experience, preferably in accessories or travel gear - including backpacks and luggage.
- Degree in Fashion Design or related subject, preferred.
- Fashion Design experience supporting a consumer brand preferred.
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.