At KJUS, we have successfully pursued our vision of designing the best ski, golf and lifestyle apparel since launching back in 2000. Renowned for our uncompromising innovations, we produce award-winning apparel with performance enhancing qualities. The passion we share about our brand and the world of sports serves as the foundation of our working culture. Our mutually supportive, highly positive work environment thrives thanks to the joint belief that however exceptional our work is, we can always go beyond. We are always looking for people with drive and expertise.
In July 2019, Acushnet Company acquired KJUS. KJUS stands for sportwear made of innovative high-performance material with a distinctive clean design. Driven by an enthusiasm for golf and an uncompromising vision, KJUS continues to push further, innovating with every seam, fabric and detail.
Acushnet Company (Titleist |FootJoy) is the global leader in the design, development, manufacture and distribution of performance driven golf equipment and golf wear which are widely recognized for quality excellence. Driven by a focus on dedicated and discerning golfers and the golf shops that serve them, we believe that we are the most authentic and enduring company in the game of golf.
The Fabric Developer and Planner will help develop the most innovative and brand right fabrics for the KJUS collection. They will work with mills and factories to ensure that future product is consistent in quality and function and that all fabrics align with the KJUS DNA. This fabric developer and planner will closely collaborate and communicate with Product Engineer team, the Product Manager and our fabric mills and suppliers throughout the entire development process.
- Manage seasonal sourcing of main/secondary fabrics and insulation in line with the corporate deadlines
- Prepare fabric and insulation briefings to suppliers in conjunction with the Product Engineer Team
- Identify potential production, quality, and costing issues and make recommendations while maintaining design intent
- Manage the key fabric supplier partnerships and constantly look for new suppliers to supplement the fabric supplier pool where needed
- Ensure that all inline fabrics reach and maintain the KJUS Fabric Quality Standards for SMS and Bulk Production. Follow-up on fabric quality issues in conjunction with Quality Manager and Supply Chain team
- Conduct physical tests in order to check fabrics
- Conduct wash tests for garments, fabrics and insulations
- Maintain all master data for fabrics and trims in the system
- Organize and maintain fabric library
- Attend fabric tradeshows, perform competitor research in order to gather the newest trends and fabric technologies, maintaining partnerships and finding new fabric sources
- Responsible for the lab dip process including coordination, commenting and confirmation of all colors for the salesmen samples and the bulk production
- Organize material for prototypes and testing
- General support in the entire fabric process (sourcing, vendor meetings, developments, marketing, etc.) as well as support of product engineer team
- Understand the target KJUS consumer and ensure that your work and the quality produced agrees with global target customer, pricing strategy, and total business strategy
- Foster trusting relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of services and to stay up to date about new fabric trends, constructions, and technologies
Material Production Planning
- Control overall fabric production plan and lead communication with fabric suppliers
- Conduct fabric supplier negotiations and be responsible for lead times to match the corporate timeline
- Organize and control fabric deadlines (greige planning, booking and ordering for prototypes, SMS and bulk)
- Control and compare forecasts with bookings and be responsible for on-time material delivery
- Coordinate with product team across all categories to prevent material liabilities and generate leftover projects
- Control and transfer material liabilities with greige and leftovers while collaborating with Vietnam offices
- Bachelor’s degree in design
- 2+ Years of fabric development, color approvals, and print and pattern approvals
- Experience in Print and Pattern development and printing techniques is a plus
- Good knowledge of technical fabrics, as well as a distinct sense for colors and a high affinity for functional apparel
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Creative, passionate, and hard-working person who is both independent and a team- player
- Structured, organized working style with an ability to consistently meet strict and tight deadlines
- Profound know- how in MS office and familiarity with Adobe Illustrator or other Adobe Platforms
- Experience in PLM systems; Centric experience is a plus
- The ideal candidate must be able to travel internationally 10% on average
Salary Range: $51,200-64,000 per year. Relocation assistance is not available for this role.