A crucial role within our eCommerce function, which operates the Online Golf and American Golf Web sites across the UK and in Europe. The Web Developer will work as part of the Marketing team which currently includes 2 x Artworkers and 1 x Web Designer/Developer.
Our Web Designer/Developer is responsible for the design, layout and coding of the American golf and online golf websites, across 9 domains and 4 locales. They will work closely with all functions to develop both the visual and technical aspects of a website; how the site works and how it looks. They will also be responsible for enhancing the user experience and technical functionality of the websites, example page speed, load optimisation, image compression, code quality etc.
- Collaborate on briefs with the Marketing and Trading teams, create prototypes, designs and build content using lightweight programming practices.
- Design and develop, using a variety of front-end programming languages, all promotional content for the websites, working with the trading team to ensure trading potential is met.
- Implement, alter and monitor the performance of all content tracking across all websites.
- Drive revenue through improving the user experience of the websites, whether through design, best practices or speed enhancements.
- Work collaboratively with the trading and digital marketing teams to execute our email acquisition, engagement and retention strategies.
- Work with the digital marketing team to design all marketing communications across all channels, digital and traditional.
- Integrate new best practices to drive engagement of content, example using Google Web Designer to animate marketing banners.
- Work collaboratively with the American golf retail marketing team to design and maintain the customer facing club portal.
- Working with the retail operations team to ensure all brand and fitting events are updated and maintained on the website.
- Work closely with the trading team and third parties to design and develop engaging micro sites and Shop by Brand sections of the site, focusing on user experience through design and page speed/browser support.
- In collaboration with the Studio Manager, own the technical performance of the websites, constantly reviewing page load speed, opportunities for image compression and following best practices to drive multiple small increments in business performance.
- Produce the programming code, either from scratch or by adapting existing website code, using software and graphics packages to meet business requirements.
- Test the website in multiple browsers, ensuring all code works across all supported devices.
- Research and integrate third-party tools and code to enhance the engagement of our websites.
Skills/Knowledge and Experiences:
- You will have a solid understanding of responsive design/development (preferentially Bootstrap)
- Adaptable and be able to quickly learn new techniques
- You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Up to date with advances in computer technology and how this affects the business environment
- Proven experience of working with a cloud-based, high-end CMS, such as Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Have used and been comfortable with email campaign setup/creation, working with 3rd party ESP tools
- Have experience in a busy retail eCommerce environment
- Have creativity and imagination
- You will be able to work on their own or in a team, work to tight deadlines and be able to multitask.
- Be aware of international web standards and protocols
- Able to use your initiative
- Educated to degree level
What will you receive:
- 22 days holiday excluding bank holidays
- A day off to celebrate your Birthday!
- 25% staff discount
- Company bonus applicable
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Europe's Largest golf retailer and support our on-going growth as a market leader. If you are interested in this position click below to apply!