Callaway Golf Company is a leader in total performance, premium golf equipment and active lifestyle products while also being a great place to work! We are passionate and push the limits of innovation. We dare to be great while acting with integrity and respect. We stay hungry, yet humble. All while having fun and making golf enjoyable for everyone!
Our company is a blend of experience and diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of building and selling successful initiatives. We are working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission.
The Sr. eCommerce Software Engineer involves ERP software programming, integration, quality and testing, subsystem and interface documentation, and debugging/troubleshooting of problems. The Sr. eCommerce Software Engineer also performs complex project management and user-interaction functions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop technical design for all software development requests
- Develop software that supports e-commerce needs and requirements
- Perform code and design reviews.
- Participate in coding and implementation of critical software modules.
- Maintain close relationship with all project and product stakeholders.
- Performs system and interface design
- Performs programming, integration, and testing tasks
- Develop and execute formal test and validation plans for embedded and web software
- Produce detailed reports of individual test case failures
- Lead technical reviews and meetings as requested
- Documents systems and system interfaces
- Debugs and troubleshoots software problems
- Plans and schedules smaller projects, or specific areas within larger projects
- Provides management-level project reporting
- Continuously monitors software industry trends and directions
- Occasionally mentors lower-level staff members, offshores and/or reviews their work on a technical basis
- Other duties as assigned
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Working knowledge of JSP or JSTL, Tomcat, Hibernate, load balancer and CDN
- Strong knowledge of SAP Hybris components, Backoffice usage and customization, and Solr Customization.
- Knowledge of development life cycle best practices including version control, QA, build/release management and regression testing
- Comfortable using tools such as Jira, Git and Jenkins.
- Knowledge of Google analytics and Google TAG Manager is a plus
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and experience working in a fast-paced Scrum environment.
- Knowledge of software testing processes, methodologies and tools
- Adept at understanding customer challenges, navigating from problem to resolution and communicating process and resolution effectively both verbally and in writing
- Integration experience with SAP ERP ECC and/or SAP S4 and SAP CAR is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, M.S. is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Overall experience working with e-commerce systems development in a large globally distributed corporate environment.
- Minimum 1 year of working experience in Hybris and 5 years’ experience with Java, J2EE and Spring
- Minimum 5 years’ experience developing web-based applications with SOAP and/or REST
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Java-based commerce platforms – ideally, SAP Commerce Cloud
Callaway Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer.