This job is archived
From a single store in Ashton in Makerfield in 1978, we have grown to become Europe's largest golf retailer, with over 90 stores across the UK and Ireland. Today, our stores offer an inspiring and immersive environment that focuses on service, whilst making the most of cutting-edge technology.
We promote an innovative and welcoming culture where our people can share their passions, contribute to the future of the business, and build exciting careers. We firmly believe that our culture and values allow us to attract the very best talent, enabling us to be at the top of our game while we help our customers to improve theirs.
Our BI Developer will develop and enhance Business Intelligence capability. Responsible for the analysis and communication of reporting which provides stakeholders with a clear, actionable view of operational performance to assist in identifying trading issues.
The role will support in managing and maintaining reporting and analysis platforms, and support with the migration from Phocas to PowerBI and rework SSRS.
- Develop and maintain a suite of reports across a range of platforms including SSRS, Power BI and Excel.
- Develop and maintain a suite of OLAP cubes and data warehouses using Jet Data Manager, and support and train the end users.
- Develop and maintain ETL processes from various internal and third-party data sources using SSIS.
- Provide ad hoc data extraction from SQL Server to support business planning and analysis.
- Support all areas of the business with data processing requirements.
- Maintain SQL Server database objects such as Stored Procedures, Functions and Views to support all reporting requirements.
- Writing complex SQL queries and maintaining SQL Server objects (Essential)
- Power BI, including writing custom DAX and Power Query M (Essential)
- SSRS, SSAS and Jet Data Manager (Essential)
- Design and support of ETL processing using SSIS (Essential)
- Strong MS Excel skills including vba scripting (Essential)
- Support of MS Access Databases (Desirable)
- Experience with the Google Analytics Platform (Desirable)
- Understanding requirements and challenging senior stakeholder expectations (Essential)
What will you receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (pro rata)
- An extra day off to celebrate your birthday!
- Employee discount for you, your family and your friends
- Company incentives
- Professional qualification & subscription support
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Other fantastic benefits include; Reward scheme, Denplan, Cycle to work and more.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join Europe's Largest golf retailer and support our ongoing growth as a market leader. If you are interested in this position apply today!